Old 12-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #21

The GFCI is most likely in the receptacle in the bathroom.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #22

You keep saying there is no neutral. There will always be a neutral. The main power from the power company is two hot and one neutral. The voltage measured from each hot to the neutral will be 110V and from hot to hot 220V (actually a range for both but the same relationships). The ground is derived at the box where the main breaker is by driving a conductive rod into the ground and attaching it to the ground buss. The neutral to ground bond is done here too. The hot wires go through the breaker and the neutrals are fed from the neutral buss. The power provided to a 110V outlet will have one hot, one neutral and one ground wire. If one of these these doesn't exist then you are not conforming to code.

As I asked and Flybob asked above do you have some type power protection or surge protection device it could be detecting a fault condition and not allowing the trailer to power up. It is possible you converter also has AC fault detection and will not power up either. If this is the case unless you are an electrician or electrical engineer I think it is time you get an electrician involved. The risk of shock or fire it too high if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
You keep saying there is no neutral. There will always be a neutral. The main power from the power company is two hot and one neutral. The voltage measured from each hot to the neutral will be 110V and from hot to hot 220V (actually a range for both but the same relationships). The ground is derived at the box where the main breaker is by driving a conductive rod into the ground and attaching it to the ground buss. The neutral to ground bond is done here too. The hot wires go through the breaker and the neutrals are fed from the neutral buss. The power provided to a 110V outlet will have one hot, one neutral and one ground wire. If one of these these doesn't exist then you are not conforming to code.

As I asked and Flybob asked above do you have some type power protection or surge protection device it could be detecting a fault condition and not allowing the trailer to power up. It is possible you converter also has AC fault detection and will not power up either. If this is the case unless you are an electrician or electrical engineer I think it is time you get an electrician involved. The risk of shock or fire it too high if you don't know what you are doing.

X2 on that. Something seems not right on the electrical side and a licensed electrician should evaluate it.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73

2012Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by llawson2 View Post
I moved my camper to another location and everything worked when i plug in my 30 amp plug. I left and came back a few days later and now the 120 volt system is not working. Any suggestions?
Hi Remove plug on side of TT. Check for power at the end of the power cord that plugs into the TT if no power look for a problem from plug to the beaker that supply's power to the plug end. Inspect the power plug cord end and the TT plug for damage. When you plug the power cord back into the TT make sure to twist the power cord to the right just a little bit and tighten the lock ring on power cord to TT. If the power cord connection is not tight it may result in damage to the connection.

Hope This Helps Tim
Old 12-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #25
Usually Confused Member

My power cord has a little red indicator that comes on when power is available from the source. I assume it shows any power but is it possible that if there is not correct power (i.e., only one lug powered on the 50 amp hot sides) that the light would give some indication of that?

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by llawson2 View Post
I moved my camper to another location and everything worked when i plug in my 30 amp plug. I left and came back a few days later and now the 120 volt system is not working. Any suggestions?
I have two GFI plug ins.... check the buttons, might be it..

Cheers,

Pony: 2017 Dodge 3500 Longhorn 4x4, Quad Cab
Harness: Hijacker 24-AS-18 Autoslide, Demco Glide Ride Pin Box
Chuckwagon: 2011 Rockwood 8265WS
Travel Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #27

You will have systematically troubleshoot work downstream from pole receptacle with your meter. Check input to main breaker if nothing check cord plug and wiring and so on. Could be a bad connection
Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #28

had a very similar problem in Nova Scotia this summer. Turned out the solenoid for the gennie was partially tripped. Start the gennie what until the microwave powers up. Stop the gennie and then try shore power. Solved my problem.

The GFI is another one to check , normally located in the bathroom .
Old 12-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #29
Site Team

GFCI outlets inside the trailer do not normally affect microwave and TV outlets and the OP said neither of these devices work.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #30

No 120V

Two years watched a guy with an older TT (no GFI) plug in and touch the TT - he jumped a few feet. The neutral and ground were tied together, the ground was not grounded. in fact it was about 60v above ground. The park gave the guy an extension to get to another post. In order for a GFI to function correctly you need Ground separate so it sees a voltage differential to neutral.
Get a Progressive EMS box, it checks incoming power connections, it has saved me and my electronics several times.