Old 08-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

2007 cedar creek 37rdts

Just got a 2007 cedar creek 37rdts. Can anyone help with the switches as to what they do? We are also at a loss as to what switches turn the hot water heater on

Old 08-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #2

Pictures please? There should be two switches on the monitor panel. One for the water pump, one for water heater gas. For electric use, there will be a breaker to lock out the electric element, and outside on the face of the water heater low on the left side will be a small switch. On connects the electric element, off blocks itmoff. Sadly that little switch is prone to a high failure rate. I leave it on and just be sure to flop the breaker off. Guaranteed if you turn the electric element on without water you will be buying a new one.
Inside switches? Curb and street side scare lights. LR ceiling lights, and porch light should be the 4 on a single panel.
Any more questions feel free to ask. BTW where are you located, maybe a fellow creeker can drop by and help you get acquanted.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

Thank you. We are near Lake Nockamixon in Quakertown Pennsylvania. We will look for the switch you were talking about. I tried to include a picture but it has to be for the URL of my picture and I don't know how to do that. Can I send it to you some other way . We still have a switch we don't know the purpose for as well as a switch that says tank heater that we thought was for when we are operated in cold weather
Old 08-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #4

I think I attached in advanced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	117245  
Old 08-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #5

Ok. Top left ceiling fan
Top right, tank level monitors including w/h and pump w/h starts water heater on gas. Pump is obviously for water pump on/off
Right below that is slide master on/off. Below that is slides in/out.
Bottom left, left to right
Scare light, probably street
Scare light curb side
Overhead lights living room
Porch light
Old 08-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #6

I think I got the picture to load
Old 08-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #7

Oops
Was doing that in edit.
The one under the key is slide in out to the left of that should be slide master
Bottom right tank heaters of course.
BTW you have the water heater gas on light on. Meaning the water heater will try to fire when gas is present. Like I said, turn the water heater breaker OFF unless you have water in the tank and actually try to heat it. Also like ai said earlier the little switch on the water heater itself is prone to failure, so leave it on all the time and use the breaker at themdistribution panel to lock out electricity to the element. Or be prepared to buy new elements often.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #8

Oh so the slide master switch needs to be on in order to slide the slides in and out? We thought it was for the automatic house fan that I will now send you a picture of
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	117248  
Old 08-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #9

Ceiling fan is run by the square decorator switch.
Fantastic fan is operated by the thermostat near the furnace/AC thermostat.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #10

we have water in the tank. We are very confused. Are you saying that we should not have that heater switch on unless we are running it through propane and if we run it through propane if we turn the tank sign that should suffice. Otherwise we need to take the breaker and turn it off to run it through the propane. With this be easier by phone and would it be a real imposition?

Tags
cedar creek