Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #1

2013 Salem 27RKSS remore control slide, awaning, jacks etc. problem

We camped and used the trailer for week just after purchase and everything worked fine. Then it was home for a week before going into our storage. I put the slide in and left the jacks down for a couple of days before going into storage. When I tried to raise the jacks nothing on the remote control would work either on the remote or at the manual switches. I called the service dept and they said that the board on the remote was probably bad and the manual swithes won't work if it is bad. If so is the board an item I should spare as cranking the units in and out by hand is a pain? Also, where is the board located?
fiddlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hello and welcome to the forum !
Congrats on your camper and sorry about your issues !

have you checked the fuses in several locations I can maybe help with .
distribution panel
battery or near the battery
under the tongue .

there may be slide in fuses bad in distribution fuse panel.
there may be resettable breakers near battery.
there may be slide in fuse and holder on positive battery cable.
there may be a resettable circuit breaker under tongue of trailer .

let us know what you come up with .

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #3

Congrats on the new Salem!! If I had to guess, the 20Amp inline fuse behind the panel under the fridge has blown. I had almost the same situation last year with my 2012 Salem 30KQBSS. Your unit may have a little different layout but thats where mine was located. If that's the case, replace it with a self resetting 20 amp fuse and all will be back to good! Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post
Congrats on the new Salem!! If I had to guess, the 20Amp inline fuse behind the panel under the fridge has blown. I had almost the same situation last year with my 2012 Salem 30KQBSS. Your unit may have a little different layout but thats where mine was located. If that's the case, replace it with a self resetting 20 amp fuse and all will be back to good! Hope this helps.
self reseting circuit breaker but yes do that !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #5

Ummm yeah, what he said 👍
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #6

Do any other functions work? Slide, awning stereo?
My grey Wolf has the control board for the remote in the Corner of the upper kitchen cabinet. Yours may be the same. Its right behind the manual control buttons.
All That said, i would guess the others are correct and you simply have a blown or tripped fuse.
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #7

Hello,
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the slide covers up the fuse and breaker panel and I didn't have a chance to crank it out to check the fuses. All the other 12v circuits are working lights water pump etc so don't think there is a master 12v breaker. The service tech at the dealer said he has run into this problem and if it isn't a fuse it is probably the circuit board for the remote control as the functions, slide jacks awning go through the remote both manual and remote switches. I am considering carring a spare board if this is the case and failure happens again I can jut replace it my self rather than drive 100 miles to the dealer.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #8

I spoke to my dealer and he said the fuse for that system is behind the panel under the stove.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #9

Hello Again,
Does anyone have experience in manualy moving the sllide out. The circuit breaker/fuse panel on this unit is behind the slide when it is in. I have to move it out about half way to get at the panel to check the fuses. I have looked under the trailer to locate the manual crank set up but don't see it like I do with the jacks.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #10

Our trailer came with a long crank tool. There is a 1 inch hole in the side of the trailer plastic trim, opposite the slide side, that the crank goes into several feet. It is below floor line and above the frame. Not sure if you have the same design.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #11

27rkss Salem Slide out problem

Hello all,
I finally found the slide motor under the rig aft of the wheel set and the nut on the end of the drive shaft. Using a 5/8 socket and ratchet to move the slide past the fuse panel cover, I found the 30Amp breaker for the slide, jacks and awaning circuit way down at the bottom of the panel. Sure enought the little red led light beside that circuit was on and the fuse was blown. Changed the fuse to autoresetting fuse as suggested and all is working fine.
Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #12

Great to hear you figured it out and thanks for sharing the update!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote