Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

2015 Freelander battery dead

We were told by our RV repairman (had some minor work done) that we needed to charge our 12 volt battery as it was a little low. Did that and then went on a 10 day trip. Came back home and turned the battery disconnect switch on. Unfortunately we did not check the battery level at that point. That was 9 days ago. Getting ready to go out again and turned the battery on for a minute and discovered the gauge reading empty. We are recharging now, but are wondering why the battery would go empty so quickly when the disconnect switch was active. Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenatchee Willie View Post
but are wondering why the battery would go empty so quickly when the disconnect switch was active. Any ideas?
I'm in the same boat and I hope you don't mind me piggy backing with your thread. Bought a new battery in April, installed it, turned battery disconnect switch to on to check some things and then turned it to off. Went to camper today and battery was dead.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Had a similar problem on our Coachmen 2130QB MH. Tried to trace it and it seemed to be a low amp drain to the generator.
Never found the root cause so I installed a battery cut-off switch. That eliminate the drain
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #4

Angry weatherguru1

I also have the battery issue. Coachman Freelander 2015 version. Lost the original battery over the winter. Bought a new Interstate deep cycle marine. It goes dead in 10 days or so. It's totally frustrating that no one can solve the problem. It"s back to the shop for the third try. Can anyone give me advise?
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery