Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Bjgill17

Unhappy 2015 microlite with failing Lippert power hitch

Husband and I have a 2015 (March) flagstaff that for several reasons has had to be in dealership for warranty work ( 3 radios put in and leaking slide) Since picking up camper This last time from dealer's shop, the Lippert power hitch sounds HORRID, very loud when it never has been, sounds like gears grinding. I called dealer, talked to repair man. He only said to let him know if it gets worse. THEN, I looked Lippert Power hitch in these forums and have found one after another after another complaints of failed LIPPERT POWER HITCHES that have needed to be replaced!!!! WE DO NOT WANT A FAILED POWER HITCH problem on a trip . WHAT CAN I DO..can I demand a new and better brand hitch from dealer under warranty BEFORE WE HAVE A CAMOER THAT FALLS please please some one help. We have already had too many problems with this FOREST RIVER PRODUCT that we THOUGHT were buying quality when we bought it
bjgill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #2

Call the "repair man" back and tell him it has got much worse since you last talked to him and you want it replaced.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
Bjgill17

I have seen where other owners of failed Lippert hitches demanded a better brand of power electric hitch when they were taking their camper in for warranty work ?
bjgill17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, power