Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

Question 2015 sunseeker mbs running lights and tail lights on

just noticed after a wet week of a little rain that the amber lights on top front and back and tail lights are coming on weakly for 15 seconds or so and then going off and them maybe flicker and repeat-- it is doing this continually while truck is not running-- i started truck and ran for several hours to charge battery, not sure which batteries are affected--turned on different combination of head lights, running lights and no lights during these 2 hours and turned heater on in cab for a while---none of this seemed to affect this intermittent fault in this wiring---i am at a loss where to start on this problem
ted barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #2

The problem is likely the light controller tucked up under the bottom of the coach at the rear near the hitch. Lots of discussion in the MBS forum you may have a failing Curt or Hopkins controller. The original light controller was the curt then recalled and replaced by the Hopkins . Turns out the replacement controller can fail too. Much more details if you search that forum for those 2 names. Not an expensive fix if you do it your self. I carry a spare curt controller when I travel ready to swap out.

Tags
light, sunseeker