Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Hef
Member
 
Hef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Nixa,Missouri
Posts: 32
2016 Flagstaff 831 BHDS- Batteries

We secured a fully enclosed storage that has a 110 plug that I plan to use an adapter to plug in my big power cord while stored to keep the batteries charged.

I assume this will charge the batteries ? Is this the proper way to charge the battery or should I just leave a trickle charger hooked directly to the battery?

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,199
Just get a 30 to 20 amp adapter and plug the shore cord into the outlet.
Let the trailer's converter keep the battery charged.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
ilmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
We secured a fully enclosed storage that has a 110 plug that I plan to use an adapter to plug in my big power cord while stored to keep the batteries charged.

I assume this will charge the batteries ? Is this the proper way to charge the battery or should I just leave a trickle charger hooked directly to the battery?

Thanks
It will charge them, however unless you have a good quality 3 stage converter or similar it may overcharge them and boil off your acid. In this event, I suggest a good trickle charger.
__________________
2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLE
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:04 AM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
It will charge them, however unless you have a good quality 3 stage converter or similar it may overcharge them and boil off your acid. In this event, I suggest a good trickle charger.
It's a 2016 TT so its converter should be fine.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #5
Hef
Member
 
Hef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Nixa,Missouri
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just get a 30 to 20 amp adapter and plug the shore cord into the outlet.
Let the trailer's converter keep the battery charged.
Mine is 50 amp but that is what i'm going to try. I already bought the adapter.

Thank you
__________________
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flagstaff

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.