Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
30/50 amp surge protector interchangeability

A simple question and I think I already know the answer, but thought I would run it by the experts.

The question is - I have a Surge Guard 50 amp unit. Does/would this unit work with a 30 amp line - I have the appropiate adapters and I know the limitation of 30 versus 50 amp service.

Thanks.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47
A simple question and I think I already know the answer, but thought I would run it by the experts.

The question is - I have a Surge Guard 50 amp unit. Does/would this unit work with a 30 amp line - I have the appropiate adapters and I know the limitation of 30 versus 50 amp service.

Thanks.

I don't see any issues with it!
Id use it to!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I don't see any issues with it!
Id use it to!
Thanks - appreciate the reply. The question just my mind earlier today while planning for our next trip and looking at the various CG sites ammenties and amp services.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47

Thanks - appreciate the reply. The question just my mind earlier today while planning for our next trip and looking at the various CG sites ammenties and amp services.
I mean its no different than using a 50 to 30 amp adapter you just have the added surge protector!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I mean its no different than using a 50 to 30 amp adapter you just have the added surge protector!
You are correct. I just wasn't thinking of it that way.

Thanks
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
50 amp

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.