Originally Posted by AquaMan
Loose connections cause heat, which can cause the connections in a plug to come undone. Is this an extension added to your regular power cord?
Most likely burnt where the wire is soldered to the brass prong or lug inside the molded plugs. Get some replacement Camco power grip ends and fix the cord?
They solder the connection in those molded plugs. When you have a loose connection at the pedestal and the cord end heats up, the first to thing to fail is one of those soldered joints.
I doubt you burnt a wire in the middle of the cord somewhere.