Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Just seems to be several members say they can use (ALL)-MW-A/C-W/H-Coffee Maker-Hair Dryer- and not trip a Breaker! I don't buy it. Youroo!!
This is possible with 50 amp service (not 30 amp service).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
This is possible with 50 amp service (not 30 amp service).
Seems like (2) members just posted about not being able to run their Fire places and Micro at the same time,and they are (50) AMP. Youroo!!

Old 08-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Seems like (2) members just posted about not being able to run their Fire places and Micro at the same time,and they are (50) AMP. Youroo!!
Oh, NOT being able to...

That is correct. The fireplace (depending on model) is either 1500 watt or 2000 watts. The Microwave is 1100 watts (with an induction load - startup current - for the magnetron).

Just those two items ALONE can exceed 30 amps. In my camper there is a wall switch that selects one or the other and never both at the same time.

Microwave and air conditioner is "dicey" as the sum of the amperages depends on whether the compressor/fan is peaking at the same time as the magnetron. It may work sometimes and not others.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Any chance the fireplace and microwave are on the same subcircuit? Was it the main breaker tripping or a smaller breaker inside the RV panel tripping?

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Any chance the fireplace and microwave are on the same subcircuit? Was it the main breaker tripping or a smaller breaker inside the RV panel tripping?
They're talking about the case where there is a switch to allow only one of the two to run. Nothing is tripping.

Also, I don't see youroo's post that is being quoted anymore so I suspect he edited it. I don't think we have any evidence that this is happening in a 50-amp service RV. (They shouldn't have wired it that way if it is.)

I believe this is the original thread being referred to: Flagstaff Super Lite 8528 IKWS 5'ver
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706
They're talking about the case where there is a switch to allow only one of the two to run. Nothing is tripping.

Also, I don't see youroo's post that is being quoted anymore so I suspect he edited it. I don't think we have any evidence that this is happening in a 50-amp service RV. (They shouldn't have wired it that way if it is.)

I believe this is the original thread being referred to: Flagstaff Super Lite 8528 IKWS 5'ver
Barry can't be fur certain, but I believe I remember at least two posts where people claimed they run tons of loads on a 30 amp cord. One even claimed it's cause the equip only draws full current part of the tiime. (not really). This I would guess in the last two weeks is maybe what Youroo is referring to.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #17

Actually Youroo has brought up both topics (posts 7 & 12). Very confusing isn't it! ;-)
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Barry can't be fur certain, but I believe I remember at least two posts where people claimed they run tons of loads on a 30 amp cord. One even claimed it's cause the equip only draws full current part of the tiime. (not really). This I would guess in the last two weeks is maybe what Youroo is referring to.
You are correct. Youroo!!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Actually Youroo has brought up both topics (posts 7 & 12). Very confusing isn't it! ;-)
Post # 12 was in reply to Herks post. I was talking about (30A) then (50A) somhow got into the Fight? Youroo!!