Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

3000W Inverter Generator Remote Start 9hr Runtime 58db $714

Firman Power Equipment 3000/3300 Watt Extended Run Time Portable Gas Inverter with Electric and Remote Start W03083 ONSALE $714 free ship.

Newegg Link for Firman 3000 Watt Inverter Generator

I buy my electronics from Newegg.com and have for many years. I get their On-Sale newsletters regularly. This morning I noticed an Inverter Generator at a really good price on sale for the next 7 days.

Its 3000 Watt, has an RV 30amp plugin and should run a 13.5 A/C unit and everything else on most trailers. Of course, like all the inverters in this class, you can't run the microwave and/or hair dryer while the A/C is running. Also, when you're on generator power, switch your hot water heater and refrigerator to gas mode (those 2 still will use some elec. for their monitors and control panels but the heavy load will run on gas). This is same you should do for all 3K type inverters.

I have the Champion of the same size and from the specs, this one looks to be close to the same except it has a larger on-board gas tank 1.8 gallons and it has a Remote Start electric fob which mine does not. With that size tank you should be able to run all night (roughly 9 hours so says the mfg).

The claimed noise level is 58db, same as the Champion and others in this class. It weighs 96 lbs (I guess about 10 of that is for the built-in remote start battery)

Disclaimer: I don't work for these guys or even own this unit. But it seems like a very good sale and as far as I can tell it's built on the Powermax technology.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firman 3000.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	130196  
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #2

That is a good price. It don't matter what name is on the outside anyway. Inside they are all very similar both mechanically and electronically so price is, at least in my view, the prime motovator.

No problem with hair dryers at our camp site. I am bald.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #3

"This morning I noticed an Inverter Generator at a really good price on sale for the next 7 days."

Will repair and service parts be available for more than the next 7 days?

Most campers do not use a noisemaker long enough to wear it out quickly , so long term parts becomes a concern.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
"This morning I noticed an Inverter Generator at a really good price on sale for the next 7 days."

Will repair and service parts be available for more than the next 7 days?

Most campers do not use a noisemaker long enough to wear it out quickly , so long term parts becomes a concern.

Firman is a name brand, been around awhile. They make several models big and small and loud construction type as well as somewhat quiet inverter types. Check out Amazon and/or YouTube for more details also Firman has their own website for manuals, support and parts. This NewEgg sale is a little better than $200 off the Amazon deal.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #5

Not much to expire inside an inverter actually. My last Yamaha went well over 10 years of frequent use without any issue. Other than spraying it with water (big no-no), not much to fail inside. Change the oil regularly, clean the air filter and gap the plug and you should be fine fine for a good, long time.

The level of quality of components and assembly, far surpasses the RV industry....
Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Firman is a name brand, been around awhile. They make several models big and small and loud construction type as well as somewhat quiet inverter types. Check out Amazon and/or YouTube for more details also Firman has their own website for manuals, support and parts. This NewEgg sale is a little better than $200 off the Amazon deal.
Firman, rhymes with vermin.....Interesting....
Old 02-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to B and B
There Website expired on February 17 2017

http://firmangenerators.com/?reqp=1&...EvLaE5pv5jot==

I guess that answers the support questions.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #8

I am willing to bet the 58 DB noise level is either at idle or at half load. I doubt that noise level is at full load.

If it is at full load then it is quieter than the Honda 2000 which is or has been the quietest on the market for a number of years.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #9

Looks very similar to the Champion...
2020 Indian Roadmaster
Toothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #10

In as much as there are no set in stone guidelines for how much noise any genny produces whether it's an inverter with a smart throttle or a 3600 rpm 2 pole screamer, produced noise is strictly a matter of what any manufacturer want to rate their units at.

Consequently, Honda might claim their units are quieter than... what? Quieter than say a Firman or a Bolliy or a Champion? All coinjecture because there is no measurement standards established.

The only real concrete way to determine noise output is to hear one run and makes a decision based on your own ears.

All the rest is advertising hype.

I think we cam all agree that a box store 2 pole 3600 rpm lawnmower engine powered, open frame genny always be very loud, to the point of being obnoxious, but, there is no concrete way to compare noise level output for inverter type genny's with smart (economy) throttles.

...and until there is a set in stone testing standard, being the most quiet is all hype.

Tags
generator, inverter, remote