Just got our RV back from being repaired. Funny thing: a post jumped out and hit the side of the RV while I was turning a fairly sharp corner.
One thing that had to be replaced was the 50 amp coach plug (i.e. the plug where the power cable plugs in to the coach). I have the other end of the power cord plugged in to a 15 amp plug in the garage. There is power to the 15 amp plug and power in the coach to the main breakers on the WFCO in the coach. I have a Fluke power sensing device so I know the power gets to the main breakers. There are smaller breakers on either side of the main house breakers. One side is hot and the other side is not. The microwave works, but the television, ceiling fan and fireplace do not.
Before the coach went in to be repaired, the television, ceiling fan and fireplace worked when plugged in to the house power. I can't honestly say that I ever tried the microwave before. I am going through a 15 amp to 30 amp adapter and then a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter.
My question is this: when they replaced the 50 amp coach plug, does it sound like they switched the hot wires? I really would like the television etc. to work. I don't need the microwave when we are at home because I can go inside to nuke something if I want it. Is the fix to swap the hot wires at the coach plug? If not, does anyone have any ideas (Herk, Turbs, anybody?)?
Thanks for your help.