Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #81
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Watching

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Attached Images

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #82

Right now he is gathering information. I will have my father in law call because he discussed payment with him. I will also contact our other friend and see if he can call State Farm as well and tell them the owner knew the spot was for us and that he showed him where we needed to set up.
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #83

If there were full hookups there and someone assigned the space to you, they are responsible. you did not just pull up into his field and decide to hook up to some pedestal you found. There were other RVs around. Sounds like an RV park to me.
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priusron View Post
If there were full hookups there and someone assigned the space to you, they are responsible. you did not just pull up into his field and decide to hook up to some pedestal you found. There were other RVs around. Sounds like an RV park to me.
The person that parked me is the friend we went visit. They are neighbors and were friends. Our friend got with the owner and the owner showed our friend where to set up since he was out of town. Yes it is a RV park and if we just pulled in and set up without permission he sure did not tell me that Sunday when he got back in town and checked his plug and saw it was wired wrong.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #85
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbreaux View Post
The plot thickens. His attorney stated to my State Farm claim manager their defenses are, we did not have specific permission to camp there(his neighbor made the arrangements for us to camp there and the owner showed h where we could set up).
If that's not "implied consent" I don't know what is. If you didn't have specific permission he would have asked you to leave.

Quote:
We were on his private property, not his campground. We did not pay a fee to camp there( he told our friend it would be $75,when we asked him what to do with payment he said keep it and put it towards repairs).
Wow, this guy is really reaching. It's HIS property whether campground or not. He doesn't have a case, imo.

Quote:
We hooked up to the wrong outlet,he or an employee make sure campers are hooked up correctly.
He's full of ****. So he knew the outlet wasn't working properly?? (wrong outlet comment) If that were the case when he already showed his neighbor where you should set up he also should have told the neighbor that you shouldn't use said (wrong) outlet or showed up while you were setting up.

Don't back off jlbreaux, he's worried.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #86

Well I contacted the State Fire Marshall again, they will show up unexpected next week to conduct a inspection. He advised me they will not check the whole campground, but will check several of the camping spots for faulty, breakers, wiring etc. etc.

I am also waiting to hear back from the Better Business Bureau. I do not know what they can and will do but I will file a complaint with them also.

I also found out 2 days ago my Mother-in-law has a voice mail from the owners wife telling her exactly where we need to park the camper.

I am pressuring State Farm to go after him, if they do not I will get my attorney involved to get back my money as well as State Farm's. I will also make my attorney make him pay for court cost as well as my attorney fees. It is by far over, he pissed off the wrong coon-ass!!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #87

Quote:
Well I contacted the State Fire Marshall again, they will show up unexpected next week to conduct a inspection. He advised me they will not check the whole campground, but will check several of the camping spots for faulty, breakers, wiring etc. etc.
Might want to re-think posting this here. This being a very public and popular forum, kind of takes away the element of surprise. Someone here could certainly drop your thread into an email or call the owner if they wanted to.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #88
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
Might want to re-think posting this here. This being a very public and popular forum, kind of takes away the element of surprise. Someone here could certainly drop your thread into an email or call the owner if they wanted to.
Good point.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #89

Your attorney and/or State Farm will probably chastize you for 'stirring the pot'; that's their job/
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #90

Good luck with your quest. Lots of energy being expended here.

This is a small claim for a large insurance company. My experience is they write a check for what they owe and move on.

Spent a little money and purchase a quality surge supressor to protect yourself from this situation. I think you need to own this part of the problem.

Good luck, life is short.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #91

Sknight
x2
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Salmon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #92
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Gotta agree here. Is electrical protection a smart investment? Absolutely, that's not in question. But is it his fault that the CG was wired wrong? Nope.

If a rat had chewed the neutral leg causing this, I might feel differently. Or any other failure for that matter, because that's what electrical protection is for.

But when a person improperly wires something then it causes damage the victim is pretty blameless here.

If a healthy limb falls out of a tree due to a storm, that's what insurance is for. But if the CG has someone cut the limb halfway and leave it hanging just to later fall on a camper, that's squarely on the CG and it's owners.

Yup..,,
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
I agree with you 100%. Just because you didn't have a surge protector in no way makes you "part of the problem". It's the owner's responsibility to (at the least) annually check everything is working properly. He chose not to work with you so the hell with him. Simply put, he made life financially miserable for you so you make it miserable for him. He started it, you finish it. It's the principle now, besides even though it would feel good, you can't kick his teeth in so you have to figuratively do it.
X2
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #94

Although I have an EMS I do not feel that the op is at all responsible for the incompetence of this idiot. There is a difference between accidents and incompetence.
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #95

Here is the latest. My Father in law gave a statement to State Farm about how he denied the payment and said to put the $75 towards the repair. I also have a statement from our friend who he showed him where we needed to set up the camper, what outlet to plug in and he also told him that if we left before he got back into town to hold the check and give it to him when he saw him. My Mother in law also has a voicemail from the camp ground owners wife stating where we needed to set up the camper and also the fee to camp for 2 nights would be $75. Oh and the camper is parked at the house, too bad it will be raining all weekend.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #96

Well State Farm has the voice mail from his wife with her stating that ____(her husband) showed ____(our friend)where to park and set up. She also said that the price for 2 nights is $75 and $40 for 1 night. The State Farm investigator said that is pretty damming evidence. They will now turn it over to the segregation team and go after him for the cost of all damages! I just hope his lawyer hears the voice mail from his wife naming him and how he showed our friend where we needed to park. His lawyer will then know her client is a lying oxygen thief!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Well State Farm has the voice mail from his wife with her stating that ____(her husband) showed ____(our friend)where to park and set up. She also said that the price for 2 nights is $75 and $40 for 1 night. The State Farm investigator said that is pretty damming evidence. They will now turn it over to the segregation team and go after him for the cost of all damages! I just hope his lawyer hears the voice mail from his wife naming him and how he showed our friend where we needed to park. His lawyer will then know her client is a lying oxygen thief!

Glad to hear they're taking care of it. Btw, it's called subrogation. (Company I work for does comp systems for all the insurance companies. I've built this process for a few of them.) Basically they're going to try everything in their power to get back the money they spent on your trailer, plus a bit extra for the effort. Insurance companies absolutely loathe giving up cash without making sure they can get somebody else to foot the bill.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #98

Ok guys...my TT has a 30 amp hook up. One of the campgrounds we are going to later this year only has 50 amp hook ups. Is there some sort of "reducer" or something that I can buy that will allow me to hook up my 30 amp line? Thanks in advance for help!
Scooter155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter155 View Post
Ok guys...my TT has a 30 amp hook up. One of the campgrounds we are going to later this year only has 50 amp hook ups. Is there some sort of "reducer" or something that I can buy that will allow me to hook up my 30 amp line? Thanks in advance for help!

We just did a 9 day trip that had 2 campgrounds that had 50 amp only service .....and YES.....there is a 50 amp to 30 amp jumper sold at Wal Mart, Camper World, and I am sure many RV dealers would have them too.
Ask for a 50 amp MALE to 30 amp FEMALE adapter and you will be fixed up friend.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #100

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. We are currently camping out at Fort Pickens for the Blue Angels. I'll go pick one up as soon as we get back home.
Scooter155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 amp