Old 11-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #11

Hi I have a 2010 CC 5th which i changed over to 2- 6v golf cart batteries and it made all the difference. I got a battery box made for 2- 6v end to end..... worked perfect for my location in the CC 5th . vented the new box by cutting out the vent connection on the old 12v box and screwing it to the top of the new box . No need for the y connection for the vent hose. this is a great mod and wish I had done it earlier
Bear

Old 11-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynds View Post
Hi I have a 2010 CC 5th which i changed over to 2- 6v golf cart batteries and it made all the difference. I got a battery box made for 2- 6v end to end..... worked perfect for my location in the CC 5th . vented the new box by cutting out the vent connection on the old 12v box and screwing it to the top of the new box . No need for the y connection for the vent hose. this is a great mod and wish I had done it earlier
Bear
That's interesting:

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #13

Placement is not of any concern for the batteries, as for venting "VERY IMPORTANT" with the gasses coming out of the batteries all the time while charging, and all the electric wiring and relays and controls that run all over RV's there is to many issues with (explosions) which is why they are vented!
If you are going to move the batteries to a different location also be aware of the length of cable as you might need to upgrade the cables, there is a good amount of power going through the cables, so you need to remember that also.
Hope this helps Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #14

Batteries.

If venting your batteries is a potential problem, you might want to give AMG batteries a thought. I have 5 AMG batteries and don't have to worry about venting them. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know I'm not corroding away my frame or going to blow it up when I turn my inverter on. Just a thought. They ARE more expensive.
I stuck with the 12vdc bats as a personal preference over the 6vdc units.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
If venting your batteries is a potential problem, you might want to give AMG batteries a thought. I have 5 AMG batteries and don't have to worry about venting them. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know I'm not corroding away my frame or going to blow it up when I turn my inverter on. Just a thought. They ARE more expensive.

I stuck with the 12vdc bats as a personal preference over the 6vdc units.

Absorbed glass mat.

AGM
Old 12-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #16

AGM batteries still require venting in case of an overcharge condition. They vent at 2-3 psi. In other words they do not need venting EXCEPT when you really need venting because something has gone wrong. Hydrogen gas is easy to vent, mixes readily with air so you don't heed a big vent but you need one. Overcharged conditions are usually accompanied with heat and an electrical problem which is probably when you don't want a confined explosive gas.

Tags
battery, rockwood