Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
8282WS wiring ?

Wondering what the wiring is on a 2013 Rockwood 8282WS 5th wheel? There are two breakers and shut off switch located in the front bay. One wire comes from the battery to the cut off and than to the 1st breaker, a black wire comes off the top terminal and another black ( lower post) goes to the other breaker ( power source for 2nd breaker) there is also a gray wire to this breaker but it does not go through the breaker. Gray wire ? The 2nd breaker has a pink wire off the power source to the landing gear switch, should this be fused? Off the top of the 2nd breaker is a large red wire and two black wires. Any idea what they are? See photo below---- Anyone have a wiring diagram for this trailer?

f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Really hard to say if anybody has investigated this far.
Normally the wires off of the circuit breakers are for stabilizers and slides.

Unless someone has specifically checked these wires and diagramed there are no factory diagrams.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
Wired the same as the 8289WS. I relocated the Self Resetting Circuit Breakers higher to accommodate the Trojan Batteries, and cleaned up the wiring a bit.

Also installed a better Battery Disconnect Switch, and re-installed the original Battery Disconnect Switch in the line going to the Landing Gear. I can now disable the Landing Gear to avoid someone maliciously playing with them.

I did not investigate the (2) Black, (1) Red, and (1) Gray wires to determine what they supply, but am also interested. One of these days when I am looking for something to do I'll disconnect them one at a time and see what they supply. I'm guessing Rear Stabilizers and Slideouts for the Black, Converter for the Red (since there is a Red #6 going to the Converter via the Power Distribution Panel), and Possibly Monitor Panel for the unfused Gray.

2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
Also installed a better Battery Disconnect Switch, and re-installed the original Battery Disconnect Switch in the line going to the Landing Gear. I can now disable the Landing Gear to avoid someone maliciously playing with them.
Yes! Why this isn't standard I'll never understand.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Site Team
Sitting in my Wildcat 5th wheel one day cooling down from fishing and felt a sudden jerk as the front dipped a few inches. Ran outside to see some kid in front of the RV looking frightened. I asked him what he did and he said he was "trying to turn on the little light so we could play out here." He has pushed the "RETRACT" button for my Hydraulic landing gear, which needless to say, being Hydraulic, it moves really fast. I thought then and there about installing a kill switch for the landing gear. Never got aound to it but would be nice.
I have the same set up as in the photo. Other than the battery disconnect, not sure what the other items do.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote