Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #1

adapter for 2006 Work & Play

I've got a 28' - 2006 toy hauler that came with the heavy electrical cord. I wanted to get a shorter pig tail so I bought one on ebay, but the bent prong is wrong, and won't allow it to plug into the outlet. (The angled prong is bent on the wrong side) I have a similar plug on a boat the this plug would work for.

This is probably a simple/stupid question.........but what is the proper 110 pigtail adapter to get for my trailer??

Thanks

Old 06-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward View Post
I've got a 28' - 2006 toy hauler that came with the heavy electrical cord. I wanted to get a shorter pig tail so I bought one on ebay, but the bent prong is wrong, and won't allow it to plug into the outlet. (The angled prong is bent on the wrong side) I have a similar plug on a boat the this plug would work for.

This is probably a simple/stupid question.........but what is the proper 110 pigtail adapter to get for my trailer??

Thanks
Can you post some pictures of the adapter and the outlet your trying to plug into?

I hope your not trying to plug into what I think you are......

Turbs

Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

I'm at work but right now I have the heavy (about 30') rv cord that would plug into what I'm assuming would be a 30 amp service. But I have an adapter that converts that down to 110 that we use to plug into our little 2000 watt honda generator that is 110 when we are camping. Rather than having the long heavy cord with the adapter to 110, I'd prefer a shorter pigtail that goes directly to 110.

I bought the attached adapter but it doesn't mate up properly. My son is picking the unit up and I'll see if he can send a picture of the plug on the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv adapter.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	32397  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

All your connections should always be plugging into 110 as your camper is ALL 110.

You want to shorten you main cord but why? Other than being bulky and what not I get your point.
I'd consider buying a normal maybe 10' 30 amp cord and using the 30- 15 amp adapter at your gennie.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #5

I realize it's all 110, I should probably say 30 to 15 amp converter. I don't mind having the 30 amp cord in case I want to plug directly into a 30 amp service, so I'd rather not shorten it up. But as we usually plug the big cord into an extension cord when we plug into the generator I'd prefer a pigtail that isn't as cumbersome.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward View Post
I realize it's all 110, I should probably say 30 to 15 amp converter. I don't mind having the 30 amp cord in case I want to plug directly into a 30 amp service, so I'd rather not shorten it up. But as we usually plug the big cord into an extension cord when we plug into the generator I'd prefer a pigtail that isn't as cumbersome.
This is what you need I believe.

Name:   0000358_300.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  11.6 KB
Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
This is what you need I believe.
Attachment 32406
That appears to be very close to what they have. The "bottom" pin is shaped differently on theirs...

Could that be a boat adapter vs. a RV adapter that they originally bought?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

That appears to be very close to what they have. The "bottom" pin is shaped differently on theirs...

Could that be a boat adapter vs. a RV adapter that they originally bought?
Look at his again..
His would plug into the camper side as it appears with his adapter.
wear as the one I show would plug into his male end of the cord then into gennie.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer

I see that now (well, I don't- stupid metro), but understand what you're saying. However, I think they want what they originally posted only for it to be a legitimate female 30amp RV connector to male 15amp dogbone adapter so that they can use a heavy duty extension cord instead of their usual 30amp cord.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I see that now (well, I don't- stupid metro), but understand what you're saying. However, I think they want what they originally posted only for it to be a legitimate female 30amp RV connector to male 15amp dogbone adapter so that they can use a heavy duty extension cord instead of their usual 30amp cord.
I believe your correct or that is my assumtion as well.

What I'm not sure about is, why what he has won't plug into camper .
Other than the obvious tab turned wrong.

Hmmmm