Old 01-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #11
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
what make/ model converter do you have?
If you have a wfco and are concerned then I'd put in a progressive dynamics converter and not worry about an additional charger.
I agree with Turbs solution. Love the way our PD9245 works. PD9245 45 Amp RV Converter / Charger from Progressive Dynamics

2013 Flagstaff 8528IKWS, 2006 F-350 6.0L
DickiedooFlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #12
You wrote "Just another quick question regarding charging batteries; if I "connect" my coach battery and my vehicle battery via the "Battery Connect Button" on my motorhome, will the coach battery charge faster from the alternator while driving? JH"
I have a 2014 Encounter 36KS Class A motorhome that also has the battery interconnect button on the dash. When my engine is running, it energises a solenoid that connects the engine charging system to the coach batteries. If your coach works the same as mine all you need to do is start your engine and the coach wiring takes over the same way as if you held down the vehicle battery interconnect switch. When you shut off your engine this solenoid is de-energised and the connection broken. This is what keeps you from accidentally draining the engine start battery if you run down your coach batteries.

GlennFC is offline   Reply With Quote