Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #41

The 32 and the 250 should both blow on excess of 15 a. Good possibality there is a reverse protection diode that has burnt into a short inside the radio. I would say check with an ohm meter but it may show one even if there is no problem. Good news is that it is a cheap fix.

Haven't run into a screw used ad fuse. Usually they just increase fuse size until it burns something out. I used a power supply that I could vary the voltage and keep amps below 2 until I saw something over heating. If amps exceeded 2, supply would shut down.

The fan I don't understand. Should not have affected it. I'd see if there is voltage at the fan then work back to the fuse panel.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #42
Site Team - Lou

There is a lot of "tongue firmly in cheek" going on here (I hope).
Trailer fires are no joke and they burn to the frame quickly.
Too fast to escape many times. We won't even talk about the poisonous gasses released from the materials used in their construction.

If you have anything blowing fuses, you should isolate the fault and replace.

If the last stop is the radio; get a new one. Opening a radio that is blowing fuses is not for the average guy.

If the bathroom vent fan is bad and there is power past the fan switch; replace it.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #43

I have also just reversed the battery cables on my 2013 Roo 23SS with a genesis radio. I have blown both the 40 amp fuses at the inverter. I have not found replacement fuses yet. Now when hooked up to shore power I have no sound through my speakers while the genesis unit has power on. Also, the DVD player will not insert a disc. I plan to replace the fuses tomorrow but wondering if anyone else has seen this.
5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Tewksburyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:20 AM   #44
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewksburyduck View Post
I have also just reversed the battery cables on my 2013 Roo 23SS with a genesis radio. I have blown both the 40 amp fuses at the inverter. I have not found replacement fuses yet. Now when hooked up to shore power I have no sound through my speakers while the genesis unit has power on. Also, the DVD player will not insert a disc. I plan to replace the fuses tomorrow but wondering if anyone else has seen this.
What is your battery voltage? Are your lights dim?
Without your converter you are not charging your battery.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewksburyduck View Post
My buddy did the exact same thing last week with the same model trailer. It cooked both 40A fuses in the converter and the inline fuse on the Genesis unit.

He replaced the inline fuse and bought two 40A ATC fuses and he's good to go.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:11 PM   #46

Fuse for Furion Stereo

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but a new problem for me. Blew out my Furion stereo too and found a ten amp 32V fuse tucked in the back corner of it. It was blown, but easy replacement. Luckily that’s all it took to get working again. Cheers
Jazzman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, led pad