Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #1

Another receptacle problem

Hi all,

2004 Georgetown XL 308DS

I found out that one of the AC receptacle is not working. I found out because I wanted to replace it with a newer receptacle with USB connections in addition to the usual 120V.

From this 2015 tread (http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-94500-2.html) I'm to understand that getting wiring diagrams even for more recent rigs is a challenge. Proof of it being the answer I received from the FR service department:

"Hello Maurice, Thank you for your email regarding the electrical system in your Georgetown motorhome. My print sets only go back about 5 to 7 years so I do not have any prints of your 308DS. I do apologize, but the prints you are requesting are no longer available. Thank you."

So the wiring diagrams don't exist -- and maybe never did -- but is there ghost of a chance one of my fellow RVer on this list has them, or better yet a set of steps/solution to my problem.

Best regards,
Maurice
mlafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #2

I’ll attempt to help if possible, however, I am not sure I or you are aware of what you are possibly undertaking. Perhaps others more knowledgeable than me, or experienced, and capable can advise how to accomplish the task at hand like falling off a log. Frist off, if a “RV” receptacle exists with USB outlets and fits in the space of a standard RV AC outlet, buy that and stop reading here.

If considering installing a residential AC outlet with USB “A” and/or “C” charging ports or any USB charging port, keep reading. If there is space to install a residential receptacle box in the wall or cabinet location, then an AC outlet with USB charging capability may be accomplished in most modern RV’s.

See these photos for installing a residential USB receptacle in place of a standard “AC Recreational Vehicle Receptacle.” As RV's do not use receptacle electrical boxes like residential or commercial building. In RV’s the non-metallic cable is terminated directly inside an RV AC receptacle its self and not installed in an electrical box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	186462   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	186463   Click image for larger version

Name:	r3.jpg
Views:	73