Old 04-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #21

Any opinions on battery life, etc...

Caper, not sure where you're reading that in my message... I have two 6 volt batteries, hooked pos to neg... Making a single 12 v source with 220ish amp hrs. And to answer your question, I am not de winterized yet, so I have my water heater off, but when I do run it, it'll be on propane.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
Caper, not sure where you're reading that in my message... I have two 6 volt batteries, hooked pos to neg... Making a single 12 v source with 220ish amp hrs. And to answer your question, I am not de winterized yet, so I have my water heater off, but when I do run it, it'll be on propane.
So two things.
First didn't see the pictures originally on my celphone. Nice clean looking install.

Second, how did you come out using those questionable batteries?

We are waiting for delivery of our new TH so my two new GC batteries are sitting in their bat boxes in the garage. They came at about 12.3v after charging they were at a resting voltage of 12.74 for two days. Been about five days since I checked them so if they went bad I will be posting later today, but at this point I am not looking for a problem. The new coach will have factory installed 200 watt solar with 4 Phase charging and YES I see big benefit from Desulfation. Added that feature to my IOTA cheap factory charger with a $20 accessory chip on the old it seemed to do wonders. Good luck with the new rig.

Tom

Tags
battery