Old 10-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Oil filled radiator type
We have that and also a ceramic heater with kill switch.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #12
I have a "Heat Storm" brand electric infrared 1000W heater. It is compact and lightweight. It is very quiet and has a thermastat that you can set your desired temp. I found it on Amazon with excellent reviews. I camp with it (was great last night with below freezing temps.) I also set the thermastat on a low setting at home on cold nights. I'm not ready to winterize it yet.

mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #13
Don't know if you are interested in installed heater, but we had Cheap Heat installed. One of best investment we ever made on coach. Good luck!
RLHAMILTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
I am surprised your refrigerator is not wired to a dedicated breaker. Ours is. I believe all appliances should be. I would check to see if you have any duplex outlets that are wired to an independent breaker and us one of those, if possible.

We use this heater - - left over from our boating days:
WEST MARINE Portable Cabin Heater | West Marine

Great heater that has kept us warm on some very cold, blustery days - - both on the water and in the tt. Adjustable fan, adjustable heat settings within 3 separate power setting - - 1500W, 900W, and 600W. Plus it has an "antifreeze" setting that turns it on if the temps drop to 38 degrees F. Oh, it has a thermostat, too, so the fan turns on and off automatically to keep heat you set constant.

A bit pricey at West Marine (if they claim it's for a boat, the price doubles ) Cheaper prices available with some googling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heater.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	122214  
2012 Rockwood MiniLite 2104
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
Install a marinco bass boat charging plug in the exterior wall and then put an electric outlet on the inside off set from the marinco plug as it takes the entire depth of the wall. I have two installed on my Cedar Creek and we heat with electric totally in the winter along the Gulf Coast. I used to run an extension cord through the slide seal to accomplish the same result.
wbonta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
1500 watt heater is too big!

Get yourself a heater with 2 settings: 1500 and around 800 and your breaker with never pop! you can get these for around 15 dollars, for example WalMart.
Alternately, keep your big heater and force the fridge to go on propane, as well the water heater if it has an electric option. That way you will have enough juice.
ebergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #17
I'm kinda surprised that your fridge is on the same circuit as the outlet, but I agree with the comments on using the lower setting on the heater. I have a couple of small bathroom heaters and I've figured out what circuits they're on so they don't interfere with other appliances. I also have to shut them off when using the electric coffee maker or toaster. BTW, I hope your heater has a tip over shutoff switch, especially if you have pets in your rig. There's lots of flammable stuff in RVs and a safety switch on the heater is a really good idea.
Flemington, NJ

2007 Cardinal 30W LE
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 21 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #18
Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
After 10 or 20 years of use our Vornado heater finally failed. While shopping for a replacement I found this It reviewed very well and was dirt cheap (one third to one fourth the price of the Vornado). We ordered one and it works beautifully. It is even quieter than the old heater. Our only complaint about this new one is the carry handle is a little awkward to must squeeze the unit with your thumb from the other side in order for it to work (as you would if there were no handle at all). Because it is small the sides can get pretty warm, but nowhere near dangerous. It does have a "Low" setting that is 900 watts.

Also...+1 on adding a separate 15a circuit for heater use. This gives your RV a total of 45a service. I used this from Marinco on our RV.
'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CCSB, D/A, MaxBrake, B&W Companion, Retrax Pro, AR Power Steps
2013 Rockwood 8289WS w/Diamond pkg
1969 Camaro RS/SS Convertible
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #19
Site Team
Most campground 30A pedestals are set up in a tree structure such that three 30A pedestals are protected upstream by a 100A breaker usually in a secured location. If the occupants of the three sites use more than their 30A allocation, it is possible to trip the 100A breaker. This will most likely not make your neighbors happy.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #20
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
That's what happens in Quartzite when the RV show is on

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, heater