Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklc View Post
I wondered if it has gotten wet/hot/dirty at some point and the connection was starting to fail. Since we are at a 50amp site with a 30 amp camper we may have had a heavy draw at some point that started the breakdown. The inside of the one side of the adapter looked like it had rusted together. That's why it was so hard to get the plugs apart. It didn't hurt the camper plug at all.
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for..... Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for..... Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?
X2 I use it all the time!
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
I owe it all to bacon.

Quote:

I will look for the dielectric before next camping season. The picture was for a 50 amp to 30 amp plug converter "dog bone".
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklc View Post
I will look for the dielectric before next camping season. The picture was for a 50 amp to 30 amp plug converter "dog bone".
That's fine but still get Camco with the yellow handles.... I bought some extra plug ends ( male and female) with a foot of wire pre connected from I think E-Trailer just incase of an emergency. Just pure garbage. I would be afraid to splice them in.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
That's fine but still get Camco with the yellow handles.... I bought some extra plug ends ( male and female) with a foot of wire pre connected from I think E-Trailer just incase of an emergency. Just pure garbage. I would be afraid to splice them in.

I saw those ends today. I bought a 2 foot 30 to 30 extension for 21.00 to use as a sacrificial lamb to protect my $300.00 surge suppressor.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote