Originally Posted by Eklc
I wondered if it has gotten wet/hot/dirty at some point and the connection was starting to fail. Since we are at a 50amp site with a 30 amp camper we may have had a heavy draw at some point that started the breakdown. The inside of the one side of the adapter looked like it had rusted together. That's why it was so hard to get the plugs apart. It didn't hurt the camper plug at all.
Put dielectric on your prong end and in the socket, It will help water proof it and creates a better connection. I always put some on my prongs before I plug in. The picture shows overheating from either a loose connection or water penetration. It also helps like butter to pull them apart. That is what it is made for.....
Did you buy that extension at Wally World? They sell complete garbage but you get what you pay for. Get a Camco 30 amp extension. That is an end off an extension cord correct 30 amp?