Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #1

Question Are all 50amp inlets/female ends the same?

Howdy all,

So, my wife and I have owned a 50amp 5th wheel a 30amp TT and now have moved back to a 2015 Salem Hemisphere, 50amp 5th wheel, all had/have Furrion inlets/plugs so I think we have the insert, turn to lock, and screw outer ring down pat.

We did our walk around last week before delivery, found a couple of issues, the dealer fixed them and we went to pick up last Thurs before our first trip. When I moved the power cord I noticed the MALE end was all beat up (look to have been ran over) and 2 of the prongs were badly bent. So, I took the cord to the guy and they gave me a new one in a wrapper (the tech guy has been great).

So, off camping we go. When we get there I go to plug in the FEMALE end into the inlet (it seemed to be lined up correctly I thought they really only go one way) but would not go into and lock nor would the outer screw piece screw on properly it was like it was cross threading (after several attempts), of course I didn't want to break any of it so I used another one.

The tech I'm sure will know the answer but its really bugging me so, my question is, could they have given me a cord that has a different female than my inlet/camper? OR when they messed up the original one, bent some of the prongs on the female not allowing it to line up and lock (I didn't notice but didn't get a good look).

Any thoughts would be great.

Happy camping all and thanks in advance.
Scott
Runningp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fema