Old 07-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #11

Back Up Camera/ Observation camera.

My flagstaff had the Furion brkt on it and it was wired to the Marker light. with lights on worked perfect. I did find out that I needed to order a Observation camera instead of Back-up Camera unit if I wanted it to work for passing vehicles and seeing clearance. The Backup camera's do not have enough range while driving. Don't make the same mistake I did by ordering the wrong camera for what you are looking to accomplish.
Hope this helps? The Observation Monitor and camera have extended range antenna's built into them.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #12

Ours is the wi fi kind and it will only work when the running lights are on!!

nikita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #13
TGR

I have a 2015 Wildcat 282RKX with a factory-installed camera. I think my wiring is typical of all recent prewired Wildcat 5th wheels, even those that didn’t come with a factory-installed camera.

My camera stays on as long as the battery supplies power to the 12 VDC distribution panel. In other words, the only way to turn my camera off is with the battery disconnect. This wiring oddity has been commented on many times before in this forum because many thought the power should come from the running lights, however, that is not the case. I confirmed this with Wildcat Chris before he left for another job.

I’ve tried removing all of the 12 VDC fuses in my power distribution panel but my camera stayed on. I believe the camera must have its own inline fuse connected somewhere between the battery disconnect switch and the 12 VDC power distribution panel.

I haven’t researched my wiring any further than mentioned above so I don’t know how my camera is getting its power.

If your trailer is wired like mine, perhaps your fuse is blown or missing. In any event, I recommend you look for a tie-in between the battery disconnect and the 12 VDC power distribution panel. Perhaps you’ll find your yellow wire there.

Please share what you find as other may be interested in how the camera power is wired into their Wildcats.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR View Post
I have a 2015 Wildcat 282RKX with a factory-installed camera. I think my wiring is typical of all recent prewired Wildcat 5th wheels, even those that didnít come with a factory-installed camera.

My camera stays on as long as the battery supplies power to the 12 VDC distribution panel. In other words, the only way to turn my camera off is with the battery disconnect. This wiring oddity has been commented on many times before in this forum because many thought the power should come from the running lights, however, that is not the case. I confirmed this with Wildcat Chris before he left for another job.

Iíve tried removing all of the 12 VDC fuses in my power distribution panel but my camera stayed on. I believe the camera must have its own inline fuse connected somewhere between the battery disconnect switch and the 12 VDC power distribution panel.

I havenít researched my wiring any further than mentioned above so I donít know how my camera is getting its power.

If your trailer is wired like mine, perhaps your fuse is blown or missing. In any event, I recommend you look for a tie-in between the battery disconnect and the 12 VDC power distribution panel. Perhaps youíll find your yellow wire there.

Please share what you find as other may be interested in how the camera power is wired into their Wildcats.
After speaking with FR indeed the camera is connected to the battery disconnect switch. It is fused via an inline fuse which is located behind the disconnect. The 5 amp fuse was blown. Not clear as to why but blown. All is good now.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2017: 20 nights
Miles traveled in 2017: 1,530
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #15

Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:30 AM   #16

I installed a rear view camera on my camper and ran the wiring back to the towing vehicle. This is a great way to see what is behind your camper while you are traveling.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #17
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Try the middle light on back top of trailer. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera, wiring