Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #1

Batteries

OK. Here I go again
To all the battery gurus out there I run a solar system that consists of two 6 volt Trojan t-105's a 30 amp chargel controller and a 123 watt panel, now I'm heading to ohio for a week or two and was wondering if I can add without screwing up my Trojans these batteries from rural king
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437066257.720324.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	83054Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437066281.941126.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	83055
Just wondering if it's worth it to buy these or spend 400 on two Trojans at home
doneuald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
clr

I will assume that you are talking about adding two of the Exide batteries in series and paralleling them to the two existing batteries that are also in series with each other. Batteries that are being paralleled with another set need to be as identical as possible you cannot parallel older batteries with another brand of newer batteries. Of course it would work but the strings of batteries would be fighting each other and the stronger set would try and feed the weaker set. Also the stronger set would take over the charging and would tend to shut down the charging before the weaker set was fully charged. If you want additional capacity I this point I would recommend that you create two battery banks each 12v with a marine type two bank disconnect/selector switch.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #3

As I suspected the answer would be
So replace the two Trojans with a new set of batteries or live with what I have
Hmm gonna think about that
Thanks for the information

Sent from my rock and chisel
doneuald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery