Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #1

Battery Charging Question"s

I have a Sunseeker Class C 2005. I have been having problems with my conveyance center turning off when I am hooked up to 110 AC hook ups. The 12V house batteries weren’t receiving any charge when hooked up to 110AC, running generator, or running engine. I took it to the dealer and they said they found a loose ground wire. The also tested the batteries under a load and they checked out ok. This temporarily fixed the problem.
Now it appears that the batteries are not getting charged when I am hooked up to 110. My batteries discharged from 14,15v to 12.3V in a 12-hour period without anything being in use other than the refrigerator. At this point the convenience center was still working.

Question 1: If I turn off the battery on/off switch inside of Motorhome while connected to 110V the convienance center shuts off. Does the battery switch always have to be in the “on “ position when connected to 110 in order for the Convenience Center to work?

Question 2: I have a WFCO Ultra Distribution Panel Power Converter. I am trying to understand the function of the micro-controller. If the batteries drop to 13.2VDC the power converter should automatically change to bulk charge mode (14.4VDC). If batteries drop to 13.2VDC it means batteries are at 50%.. Should batteries always show a charge of 13,2VDC or Higher when hooked up to 110VAC?

Question 3: On Thursday I turned off the 110VAC and turned it back on about 10 minutes later. The house batteries showed a charge of 14.15V then approx 10 minutes later the batteries showed 12.97V while I was still connected to 110VAC. It appears the Distribution Panel wasn’t charging. The only power I had on was the Refrigerator. Is the Distribution Panel working correctly?

Question 4: Is it ok to use a Deep Cycle Battery charger to charge House Batteys when I am connected to 110VAV hookup?

Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Co Salmon
cosalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #2

Did you ever get a answer or a fix on this. I have a Berkshire and seem to be having the same problems were the house batteries are not charging. I had them at 10V. I by passed the invertor and was able to charge them so we think we have a bad wire feeding the invertor however I'm no expert here. Took it to the dealer and by the time I got there everything was ok again and batteries were charged. They played with it for a day and could find nothing wrong. Thanks...Ron
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery