Originally Posted by Rockwoodmiami
I think my battery is dead. I've only had my PUP a couple of months. Two weeks ago it was fine. This weekend I went camping but had no battery power. Thoughts? I camp at sites with shore power so its not like I drained it from over use.
Lots of discussion here about this very topic. Without removing the negative wire from your battery post or installing a battery cut out switch on your battery, there is no way to prevent your pup battery from going dead in several DAYS without power.
The battery is pretty small in capacity and there is draw that you can not control without completely removing the battery from the circuit. (Like the Fridge control panel (always has power even when off), the Propane leak detector (Always on and draws 0.1 amps). and the radio (clock and circuitry). Your battery will be completely dead in about 6 days from fully charged without a disconnect or battery minder installed.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW