Old 10-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
Consider a master power off switch at the battery if you can do that. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-ID220S-6V...cut+off+switch
Since he's trying to run his fridge while unhooked from shore power, a master battery disconnect is not going to help.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"

Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #12

Same thing happened to me with my A frame this cold weekend. I was hooked to a 3000 watt Honda, refrigerator on 110, when all the outlets suddenly died. By morning I had no lights, GFI would not reset, no microwave, no nothing. Took battery to be charged and while it was charging I turned on generator again. Evdrything worked but outlets, but then the GFI would not reset. I thought the generator was supposed to recharge battery.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Since he's trying to run his fridge while unhooked from shore power, a master battery disconnect is not going to help.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
Hummm, I missed that, thanks. Actually I have the same problem. I have thought of running a dedicated 12v power line (fused and switched of course) from the battery to the refer. Have not done this yet.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
Hummm, I missed that, thanks. Actually I have the same problem. I have thought of running a dedicated 12v power line (fused and switched of course) from the battery to the refer. Have not done this yet.
Good idea!

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
Old 10-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy334 View Post
Same thing happened to me with my A frame this cold weekend. I was hooked to a 3000 watt Honda, refrigerator on 110, when all the outlets suddenly died. By morning I had no lights, GFI would not reset, no microwave, no nothing. Took battery to be charged and while it was charging I turned on generator again. Evdrything worked but outlets, but then the GFI would not reset. I thought the generator was supposed to recharge battery.
Generator should unless there's a current limiting circuit breaker open or your converter has a bad fuse or is not working all together.

Start a new thread and we'll see if we can get your issue resolved.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
Old 10-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #16

Our TV has an antenna signal booster that runs on 12 volts. It has a green light when it is powered. It's only a small current draw but I switch it off when I don't need it.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #17
Engineer of Crazy Train

This happened to someone else. They pulled their electric brake break-away switch accidentally. This will drain a battery fairy quickly.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodog View Post
After turning everything off and fridge set on gas only, my battery is dead in the AM after 6 or 8 hours. Does anyone know what might be draining the battery?
When I didn't own a TT I borrowed from a friend. He stored it and never charged it as he always used hook ups and the truck charging held things together for the drive.

I learned that starting out with ONE battery is wak, with it really low to begin with the truck did a poor job of charging on the two hour trip to my favorite camp and with a few power guzzling incandescent bulbs at night the battery was dead by morning. Then I discovered that running the generator for four hour didn't get me past the next early morning.

Lesson needed TWO NEW BATTERIES fully charged to begin with and. Learn prudent use of lights. Then four hour of generator every other day

If you tell us year and model of your TT many can tell you More.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy334 View Post
I had a similar experience with my 2000w generator and a hard wired PI 30 amp surge protector. In my case the PI sensed an open ground. The generators have a floating ground. Just a possible issue.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #20

Four hours with the generator running? Were you ready to kill yourself afterwards!

Solar baby! You'll feel better!

Klipstr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery