Originally Posted by Dave_Monica
If the camper is parked at home, why don't you plug it into shorepower. The convertor's charger will trickle charge it. Mine's always plugged in at home...2 1/2 years and not issue. If you're concerned about overcharging, just put a 'battery tender' on it.
How's it going?
I am hooked to shore power here at the house.
I flip the breaker off (no pun intended) and let the trailer sit for a week or so, then I turn it on for a few days and then back off.
Roughly a two week cycle.
I was warned about leaving the trailer plugged in all the time and how it could harm the battery by boiling off the water.
Not sure if that's true or not.
I did get 4-1/2 years out of the battery so I'm not really complaining.
I have been pretty faithful to check the battery's water level.
Seems like I'm always out there dinking around with something.
You guys still ejoying the rig?