Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Battery slide replacement

I have a 2010 Forest River Lexington GTS 255 with a severely corroded battery slide tray/slide mechanism. It is a Fleming Sales EZ Glide battery tray. The interior tray dimensions are 14.25" deep by 13.25" wide. I looked on line and also called the company. The closest part available (Part# BT1-1314) has a tray dimension just opposite that, 14.25" WIDE by 13.25" DEEP. Has anyone had to replace their sliding battery tray? If so, where did you get your parts? I have called FR but they have not returned my calls yet.

P.S. I want to replace my two flooded cell (NC-27) to AGM batteries to prevent corrosion of the tray in the future. I am thinking of either Optima Blue Top D-31M or Lifeline GPL-27T. Any thoughts on this? I have a WFCO 9855 55 amp power converter. Will this be OK to use on these AGM batteries?
Output range per manual:
Normal (absorption mode) 13.6 Vdc
Boost (Bulk mode) 14.4 Vdc
trickle (Float mode) 13.2 Vdc

Savaged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

While maintenance free batteries sound good on paper, there are severe limitations that come with the package. The biggest in my opinion is capacity (way smaller) and expense (way more).

I will track down the thread on this topic for you.
There are also battery mats that neutralize corrosion that you can use under a flooded cell battery to eliminate this issue in the future. They work and are very cheap insurance.

Anti Corrosion Battery Mat

Some reading:

Increased Battery

Deep Cell Battery

Battery Upgrade to AGM

Best battery faq ever

battery ?'s

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote