Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
Broken awning rope LED

Just got my new 24HFS Hyperlite. The rope light under the awning only lights over the door and doesn't light all the way down the strip. I don't want to haul it into repair. Is there any easy repair for this.

SOONERSALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
I'm assuming it's the same type I've got...strip that attaches to the camper and runs down the length of the awning. I've got nine lights out in nine months and I hear it's fairly common. It looks like you can get strips of them off of Ebay for around $25, or could when I looked into it a few months back. From what I understand, all you have to do is peel them off and stick the new ones on then reconnect to the factory wiring. I believe they have a "jumper" wire every few lights and can be trimmed to size by cutting them at those places. Sounds like yours may have broken a wire in the strip.

I'm thinking about just ordering some replacements then "repurposing" that strip. Looks like my pass through storage might get some badly needed lighting.

2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
I agree with raspivey. I know that's what I would do since my dealer is 200 miles away. I think I have seen then for like $32 for two strips on ebay.
Tommy and Wanda
2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS
2014 F-150 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost Max Towing
Intergraded Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 Weight Distribution w/ 4-Point Sway Control
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, led