Originally Posted by Kiowa
I've not paid that much attention to the fan. I remember hearing it on a fairly regular basis but I can't tell you if it ever didn't come on when it should have. I guess that's the problem. The strange thing is is that I used this camper as my weekday residence for 2+ years. I never had a problem with the converter. The week I towed it home it burned up. I'm wondering if it's something I did.
Asked sheepishly: if the battery were disconnected while towing it, would that cause this problem?
No, towing it without a battery would not do it.
Do yourself a favor and replace it with a progressive dynamics converter.
Wfco's are crap mainly because they use cheap cooling fans.
I added an additional fan to my wfco in my current camper that i manually turn on for this reason.
Replace with a progressive dynamics and you'll be worry free.