Old 04-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #11

Bussmann Hi-Amp Circuit Breaker - Which wire where?

Yes, next to the drivers seat there is a switch to allow the coach batteries to start the engine.

If that is the case, does it matter which battery (engine or coach) connect to BAT on the Bussmann circuit breaker?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #12

Well, it's a two way street. If you select emergency start to start the coach the coach batteries will supply the voltage to do that. However; if, for example, you have electric steps and they do not extend for low coach battery, hitting the emergence start will supply the power to extend the steps. Emergency start typically just ties the two (coach/chassis) batteries together. I think I am correct here but I don't have your schematic to verify. I have a Georgetown and I know this is how mine functions.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #13

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I don't think these type circuit breakers are polarity sensitive. They are used in applications where current limiting is needed and a reset of the device can be made as opposed to a fuse blowing.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #14

Thanks bubbles. Makes sense.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoman View Post
Thanks WolfWhistle. Where does the aux cable run to specifically? Is it the battery control centre for the coach batteries?
G, I can't tell you that. It could be a distribution panel or some kind of transfer relay for emergency, or both. To the truck or chassis, all the RV stuff is like an accessory, thus the aux(illary) name on the label. Is there a wiring schematic available? I'm still trying to understand why you removed a cable (or two) from the breaker to remove the battery; rather from the battery itself. But, why wouldn't the battery be connected to the BATT terminal and the cable running to the back to the AUX? But, are there batteries in the back?
WW
Old 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #16

Bussmann Hi-Amp Circuit Breaker - Which wire where?

WW, I had to remove the circuit breaker connections as the 2 cables were right on top of the engine battery.

The only other batteries are the coach batteries.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any wiring diagram in the manuals.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoman View Post
WW, I had to remove the circuit breaker connections as the 2 cables were right on top of the engine battery.

The only other batteries are the coach batteries.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any wiring diagram in the manuals.
G, I'm trying to get my head around this. The photo the other member posted, you see only two cables. Is this the case with your connections? You apparently can't tell which goes to the battery. What I would do is with 120vac power disconnected (don't want to read 12v if being charged by the converter) see if there continuity to ground on one of the cables. It shoud read near zero ohms, not up in the 1000s of ohms. If yes, this should be AUX, if the other read ohms, we haven't proven anything, but try this first.

Put meter on ohms (auto if you have that); one lead on a KNOWN ground; and the other to the cables under test.

If only one cable read continuity (grounded) and one doesn't (or open to ground - no ground); I bet the open one would go to the battery and the one with continuity is a distribution panel.

If you need more info, contact me.
WW

Tags
breaker