Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #11

dalford, Since I've never used the electric at the campsites, I was told by the PO that I have 30 amp service, but to run both AC units I have to plug into 50 amps.

I still have the adaptor from the Boat shore hook up, I'll see if that fits my power wire to the Motorhome.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #12

dalford, Nice website. Thank You!

I have the 3 prong cord, 30 amps.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayers1 View Post
dalford, Nice website. Thank You!

I have the 3 prong cord, 30 amps.
Prayers, you say you have a 3 prong cord. Do you also have a 3 prong receptacle on your MH that the cord connects to? If yes, then all you have is 30 amp service. You can not connect 50 amp service to a 30 amp setup so I am not sure what the OP? was talking about.

Maybe someone on this site has some experience with your model MH and can shed more light on the situation

As far as your OP, get an adapter that will convert your 30 amp plug to a 20 amp plug and just watch your load. Run 1 ac, along with lights and fridge. Mine is in driveway right now and has been hooked up to 20 amp service all week with ac and fridge on and lights when needed...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #14

dalford, I appreciate your help, Thank You!

I was in Walmart last night and happened to wonder over to the RV isle and found an RV Adapter (30 Amp cord to15 Amp Service) so I picked it up for $5.86.

On my Motorhome, I just have a 30 Amp extension cord hard wired to the rig. It's rolled up and long enough to reach the outlets at the Campsite.

For now I just want basic power, lights & TV. I gonna get a heavy gauge wire from Home Depot and make a fixed outside outlet and a 3 prong plug on the other, this way I can just plug it into the house when needed. I do have an independent outlet feeding from it's own breaker.

I do have a question, by hooking into the home service, do you think that the Motorhome batteries, not the engine battery will charge?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayers1 View Post
I was in Walmart last night and happened to wonder over to the RV isle and found an RV Adapter (30 Amp cord to15 Amp Service) so I picked it up for $5.86.

For now I just want basic power, lights & TV. I gonna get a heavy gauge wire from Home Depot and make a fixed outside outlet and a 3 prong plug on the other, this way I can just plug it into the house when needed. I do have an independent outlet feeding from it's own breaker.

I do have a question, by hooking into the home service, do you think that the Motorhome batteries, not the engine battery will charge?
If you have the adapter; use that to connect to your house circuit (just don't run the Air Conditioner). That way the converter will charge the house and truck starting batteries through your battery control center.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #16

OK, Now that I have a power line going to the Coach.
My next question before plugging everything in is:

At the inside entrance to the coach, on the wall side of the stairs is a RED T switch. If I turn it to ON I get power in the coach and OFF no power.

Do I keep it in it's ON position when I plug in the service line or OFF???
Old 07-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #17

Well I called a local RV service center and they said keep the switch on.
Everything is working out great! Plenty of amps for the lights, water pressure and TV and the battery charger is charging the batteries

Thank you everyone for your help!