Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1

Charger not charging after transfer switch install

I have a 2008 Berkshire 360QS in which there was a recall for the transfer switch. Had a Forest River dealer (they don't work on Berkshires though) locally replace the recalled unit. Everything seems to be fine other than on the inverter display inside the coach, when plugged into 120 A/C the inverter display would show "A/C In" and then dispaly what it was doing to the batteries. i.e. Bulk, Absorb, Float. Now since the transfer switch changeover it only shows that the inverter is on and when plugged into power nothing shows that the coach battries are being charged. It doesn't display that it is picking up that the unit is now plugged into 120. Any ideas how this system is related to the tranfer switch or am I looking at a coincidental problem. The coach batteries are currently pretty dead after sitting at the dealers for a week now.
Thanks Guys,

James

Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmerchant View Post
I have a 2008 Berkshire 360QS in which there was a recall for the transfer switch. Had a Forest River dealer (they don't work on Berkshires though) locally replace the recalled unit. Everything seems to be fine other than on the inverter display inside the coach, when plugged into 120 A/C the inverter display would show "A/C In" and then dispaly what it was doing to the batteries. i.e. Bulk, Absorb, Float. Now since the transfer switch changeover it only shows that the inverter is on and when plugged into power nothing shows that the coach battries are being charged. It doesn't display that it is picking up that the unit is now plugged into 120. Any ideas how this system is related to the tranfer switch or am I looking at a coincidental problem. The coach batteries are currently pretty dead after sitting at the dealers for a week now.
Thanks Guys,

James

Easy question, after plugging in, are you receiving 110 VAC at the outlets in the coach? This proves transfer switch is operationg in shore mode. Start Gen set and and make same test. Again outlets working while inverter isn't. Again if ok trainsfer swich is ok, inverter may not be connected properly or converter tripped out. No feed, tripped output DC or reverse polarity fuse blown.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #3

....breakers were tripped, thanks Vince