Old 01-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Get a Pro Logic Charger at Napa auto parts. It will keep your charge up to bulk mode at 14.6 until they are charged and then auto shut off at full charge. They make a 10 amp and 15 amp, get the 15 amp...... You can choose your battery type and voltage that you want such as 2 amp 6 amp 10 amp or 15 amp if that is what you want. I use 10 amp, but should have bought the larger 15 amp in hind site. It will also charge by selection any type of battery. such as wet cell or gel or anything in between.
Thanks, that's what I want, I charged my battery that was 30% discharged yesterday and it's charging at 1.3 amps with the on board WFCO.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
And I will do the same but unfortunately everyone doesn't feel that way and we usually can't pick and choose your neighbor. What generator do you have?

Too Tall, if you were talking to me, I purchased two 2k Hondas. I have two gennies in case I need my ac, which sometimes I need. Generally, the idle only comes up a little on battery charging. I live full time in my little tt and have been camped by a number of contractor type and so-called quiet gennies. Not fun. Over last summer and this winter, I have added 180 watts of solar and controller. Looking to leave the gennies off as long as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbrandi View Post
Too Tall, if you were talking to me, I purchased two 2k Hondas. I have two gennies in case I need my ac, which sometimes I need. Generally, the idle only comes up a little on battery charging. I live full time in my little tt and have been camped by a number of contractor type and so-called quiet gennies. Not fun. Over last summer and this winter, I have added 180 watts of solar and controller. Looking to leave the gennies off as long as possible.

Thanks, I'm trying to decide between 1 single Honda or Yamaha 2000 (with the options of adding a 2nd) or the Yamaha EF2400iSHC which will likely run the AC unit when needed.

My problem is the 2000's are easy to handle and can be stored in my front storage compartment to hide it while I'm out for the day hiking or whatever. The 2400 is 75 + and I'd have to leave it in my truck bed or put it inside the cab. Lots of weight to be moving around. My TV doesn't have a cover so the gennie is going to be in the bed where everyone can see and steal. Getting it stolen is my biggest fear otherwise I'd get the 2400.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #134
Summer2Go

Any ideas on how to secure a Zamp's portable unit? I don't stay close to the camper all the time, and they are pricey.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:44 AM   #135

IMO, the generators are the biggest temptation for thieves. I wouldn't think solar would not be as valuable to a thief since they are probably stealing it to sell on Craig's List or pawn shop etc... Since solar is relatively new, I would thing the average thief wouldn't know what he's steeling or the value of it but that pretty little red Honda sitting behind the RV or in the back of the truck is just too tempting. Just my opinion. I wish it wasn't so. I'm so paranoid, once I do decide what I'm going to buy, I'm going to lock it to a tree even when it running and I'm in the trailer. ha.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #136

It's hard to stop a thief, you can stop honest people from stealing stuff but a thief you just can't stop, that's what I have insurance for. I can stop my Honda's from walking off. I plan to keep my Honda's in the basement and when I mount them they will be put on a sliding mount at the back of camper. I have to build that before June, I plan on using the twins on the trip to Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #137

If you are doing a significant amount of dry camping, the WFCO converter has to go! It seldom will charge in bulk mode for more than a minute or two and running a generator so that you can put an amp or two into your bank is absurd. The Progressive Dynamics series has better bulk mode sensing, but more importantly, you can connect the $10.00 pendant AND MANUALLY FORCE IT INTO BULK MODE. If you are running a generator specifically to charge up (I mean how many cups of coffee can you drink) you absolutely need this capability or you will run a very, very long time to get your bank charged in normal 13.6 volt mode (like 24 hours depending on your SOC at the moment.)

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #138

Quote:
Get a Pro Logic Charger at Napa auto parts. It will keep your charge up to bulk mode at 14.6 until they are charged and then auto shut off at full charge. They make a 10 amp and 15 amp, get the 15 amp...... You can choose your battery type and voltage that you want such as 2 amp 6 amp 10 amp or 15 amp if that is what you want. I use 10 amp, but should have bought the larger 15 amp in hind site. It will also charge by selection any type of battery. such as wet cell or gel or anything in between.
Glenn will this charge 6 and 12 V Batts? Youroo!!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #139

Quote:
Hi, I''m not seeing an pro logic chargers on the napa website. Do you have a link possibly? thanks.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
If you are doing a significant amount of dry camping, the WFCO converter has to go! It seldom will charge in bulk mode for more than a minute or two and running a generator so that you can put an amp or two into your bank is absurd. The Progressive Dynamics series has better bulk mode sensing, but more importantly, you can connect the $10.00 pendant AND MANUALLY FORCE IT INTO BULK MODE. If you are running a generator specifically to charge up (I mean how many cups of coffee can you drink) you absolutely need this capability or you will run a very, very long time to get your bank charged in normal 13.6 volt mode (like 24 hours depending on your SOC at the moment.)
Thanks, I will call Progressive, but do you know how this is connected the current WFCO or is it a replacement?

Tags
battery, camping, charging, dry camping