Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Englewood FL
Posts: 1,586
They have a drop in replacement if you have a combination Panel and converter. 4600 Series Upgrade or Replacement Power Converters

Obviously there are enough dead WFCOs to make it worth it for a lot of people to make replacements.

My rig is almost never plugged in for more than a few days and I am becoming concerned that the only way to guarantee that the batteries are desulfated is to add a 100 Watt solar panel and wire it though a good controller to the batteries...directly and bypassing the main disconnect. That way I will always get to 100% SOC and always have a desulfation cycle performed. If you plug in at home that is no problem since the Progressive Dynamics will automatically do it periodically, but if not plugged in long enough no 100% SOC and no desulfation.
__________________

__________________

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #142
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Glenn will this charge 6 and 12 V Batts? Youroo!!
Yes it will, Great charger, My napa store carries it but it is not on line. I found it for also at Amazon. Here what to look for SOLAR PL2520 Pro Logix that is the 20 amp version and the 10 amp is # PL2310. It will charge 6 volt, and 12 volt any kind , from wet to gel, including deep cycle.....
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Hi, I''m not seeing an pro logic chargers on the napa website. Do you have a link possibly? thanks.
To Tall, check the answer from me to Mr. Youroo, I found it for you at Amazon. I put the correct model #'s for you. It's not on a napa site, but my local Napa is where I got mine, that's all they will sell now at there location....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
FWIW, that charger might be okay, but is only 10amps max for charging, where a 50amp IOTA (for example) is just that. The bigger the quicker it will get 85% - 90% charge back... The other 10% - 15% will takes hours ( or days if you depend on what the factory installs). Any charger can only push what the batteries can take. Having one that pushes the bulk voltage the manufacturer recommends is the ticket... a good one holds that voltage longer. Solar, is the most cost effective way to "top"off batteries.
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #145
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yes it will, Great charger, My napa store carries it but it is not on line. I found it for also at Amazon. Here what to look for SOLAR PL2520 Pro Logix that is the 20 amp version and the 10 amp is # PL2310. It will charge 6 volt, and 12 volt any kind , from wet to gel, including deep cycle.....
Yes certain NAPA stores stock What the Owner can sell,cant blame them! Thanks ,Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
Too Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Yes certain NAPA stores stock What the Owner can sell,cant blame them! Thanks ,Youroo!!
Thanks all of you very much, will check.
__________________
Rockwood 2104S, 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel.
USMC 68 -70
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
PokerDealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NowthWest
Posts: 126
Trojan recommends to equalize your batteries "as needed" meaning you need to use a hydrometer to check each cell. When your batteries are being equalized, they need 15.5 volts applied to excite for lack of a better word the electrolyte and essentially burn or dislodge the sulfate particles. That may take an hour, it may take several hours. When you measure the specific gravity of the cells the "weaker" ones will rise. Trojan recommends checking with your hydrometer every hour until there is no further rise. I'm not aware of many "automatic" or "original equipment" chargers that can deliver enough volts long enough to create the chemical change necessary to "equalize" your batteries. It seem to me to be a Saturday morning job that may last several hours. Luckily, its only recommended "as needed" so you may get the day off depending on what your hydrometer says, or you may be spending most of the morning.
__________________
PokerDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
FWIW, that charger might be okay, but is only 10amps max for charging, where a 50amp IOTA (for example) is just that. The bigger the quicker it will get 85% - 90% charge back... The other 10% - 15% will takes hours ( or days if you depend on what the factory installs). Any charger can only push what the batteries can take. Having one that pushes the bulk voltage the manufacturer recommends is the ticket... a good one holds that voltage longer. Solar, is the most cost effective way to "top"off batteries.
WW
X2 on the solar. My controller goes to 14.8 vdc once a month, need it or not. If I have used a lot of 12 vdc power, it goes back to 14.8 vdc to replenish, then drops back to 13.8 for a while, then stable at 12.8 vdc. Max charge is 50 amps.
Solar is the only way to go if you can't plug into shore power. Set it and forget it. Not even sure if my converter still works.
__________________
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
PokerDealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NowthWest
Posts: 126
The only problem Mike is 14.8 isn't enough. Especially knowing that things arn't 100% efficient. If you are trying to equalize your batteries you need to force feed them at 15+ volts maybe 16 to allow for temperature and lack of efficiency. The only way to tell if your batteries are being equalized is to check the cells with a hydrometer while they are "motateing" for the lack of a better word.
__________________
PokerDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDealer View Post
The only problem Mike is 14.8 isn't enough. Especially knowing that things arn't 100% efficient. If you are trying to equalize your batteries you need to force feed them at 15+ volts maybe 16 to allow for temperature and lack of efficiency. The only way to tell if your batteries are being equalized is to check the cells with a hydrometer while they are "motateing" for the lack of a better word.
So how do you check AGM batteries with a hydrometer?
__________________

__________________
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery, camping, charging, dry camping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.