Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
bes

Charging Times

Hey Guys; I know there are many factors that will effect this answer but, BROAD STROKES how long should it take to fully charge my FR3 while plugged into shore power? Coach has 2 batteries and let's assume complete discharge or close. Thanks Barry
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bes View Post
Hey Guys; I know there are many factors that will effect this answer but, BROAD STROKES how long should it take to fully charge my FR3 while plugged into shore power? Coach has 2 batteries and let's assume complete discharge or close. Thanks Barry

What is your definition of almost or nearly discharged?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A 12v battery is considered "dead" at 12.0 volts and needing recharging.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
bes

I should have measured the voltage but in this case not enough juice to extend the steps, and very dim lights. Just this side of dead..........
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #5

If it is a single voltage rate charger, a VERY long time. If you are using a triple rate charger and your converter distance from battery and/or wire gauge aren't too far and/or thin you should be fully charged in a day. It only takes most triple rate chargers to get to 90% charged in 3-4 hours, the last 10% can take a while.

If your battery went to 12 volts, it may have been permanently damaged and may never whole a full charge.

These are SWAGs-scientific wild "A22" guesses since we don't know what type/size converter your have or battery capacity.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging