Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 AM   #1

Clearance/Running Light Issue

Folks - forgive me if this has been covered, but a search didn't really locate much for me. The light at the front top right-hand side stopped working on our new Mini-Lite. Of course it's an LED and there is no bulb to replace, so you have to change the entire light. Even though it's in warranty, there is no facility nearby and I'm a DIY-er, so decided to tackle it myself.

I removed the light and was not able to find a replacement that would match. Then, just to satisfy my curiosity, I checked the light and it does work. So I have an issue with the wiring somewhere. Before I go tearing up the trailer looking for a broken connection, does anyone have any advice about tracing the wiring?

Thanks in advance!
Mickey

2019 Mini Lite 2509S (SOLD)
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4/Tow Pkg. (SOLD)
Moved on to Jayco Precept motorhome and Jeep Wrangler toad
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #2

Did you check the connections? They would be likely tucked inside the wall. One of the lights that is working next to it might be good to check as well.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Did you check the connections? They would be likely tucked inside the wall. One of the lights that is working next to it might be good to check as well.

Thanks. Yes, removed the light and cut the wires to take it to try and match. Crimp connections look fine. There's a cabinet above the Murphy bed, and I have yet to look inside there - trailer is at a storage facility about 15 miles away, and will have to wait until Monday to check further. Then we're headed to BamaGanza on Wednesday, so may have to re-install the light for the time being...

2019 Mini Lite 2509S (SOLD)
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4/Tow Pkg. (SOLD)
Moved on to Jayco Precept motorhome and Jeep Wrangler toad
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light