Old 02-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #11

I have a LED light strip under my awning that has a separate remote for it. The remote is currently not working however the inside switch on the control will turn them on and off but I have no way to control the flashing pattern or color of the lights. Here is documentation that I received from Forest River that may help me and others with a similar problem. Please see attached.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Led Lighting instructions for awning anf u tube video.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	98791  

Old 02-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #12

Is the battery in your remote good?

Old 02-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #13

The battery is brand new......replaced it to make sure. The infrared light blinks when the button is pushed. You can't see it with your naked eye but can be viewed with a cell phone camera. I eliminated all possible causes on the documentation I received from Forest River that I posted earlier. I can turn the lights on from the control panel, push the "on" button on the remote and I can adjust the lights. If I push the "off" button on the remote while the lights are on I lose all function of the remote. I can then turn off the lights from the control panel and start over.

It's a brand new TT, just picked it up last Friday. I have talked to the dealership and it is under warranty but I would have to bring it back to the shop. Was hoping to fix this on my own instead of tearing it back down, getting it re-hitched just for a light issue. At least now I have function of the lights..........good enough for me for now.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #14

Sounds like you have a bad control module. I had a similar problem when I installed an aftermarket version. I replaced it with an RF module. These things happen and with most of these parts made in China they are bound to be in greater numbers. Just be glad it's under warranty.

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #15

bad control module........those were my thoughts exactly. I have them working good enough for now, but will drop off at dealer when it is convenient. Thanks for everyone's replies and help here......great group.......swing wide!

Tags
awning, led