Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #41
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 91
UPDATE

I questioned an electrician about the pigtail and he told me I am ok to not put one on the new converter that the numerous wires going in will be better then the pigtail solid wire but to make sure all wires make it into the slot.

so with that said we went camping this past weekend and everything worked great. no issues with the battery or converter. we ran the ac and no issues.
__________________

__________________
BLTOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTOH View Post
UPDATE

I questioned an electrician about the pigtail and he told me I am ok to not put one on the new converter that the numerous wires going in will be better then the pigtail solid wire but to make sure all wires make it into the slot.

so with that said we went camping this past weekend and everything worked great. no issues with the battery or converter. we ran the ac and no issues.
Good to hear!
Have fun !


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTOH View Post
UPDATE

I questioned an electrician about the pigtail and he told me I am ok to not put one on the new converter that the numerous wires going in will be better then the pigtail solid wire but to make sure all wires make it into the slot.

so with that said we went camping this past weekend and everything worked great. no issues with the battery or converter. we ran the ac and no issues.
Good Deal, glad it's working well, no more worries.

C
__________________
dcmChrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #44
Junior Member
 
scottm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Replacement converter

Hello,
I had a similar issue on my 2005 Surveyor. It ended up being a bad converter (one of the nodes melted) after calling around I was getting quotes of around $500 because you can't just replace the converter you have to replace the entire electrical breaker box that the converter is attached to. I found a place online that sold the whole system for $140 and installed it myself. The white globs you see are the manufacturer not wanting you to take apart the converter from the box. If this link is not the same converter I am sure you can google your exact one and find it for fairly cheap. The installation took me an hour and was pretty easy, just take your time and label the wires. Hope this helps.

Electrical Converters for RV and More Class A Customs
__________________
scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm View Post
Hello,
I had a similar issue on my 2005 Surveyor. It ended up being a bad converter (one of the nodes melted) after calling around I was getting quotes of around $500 because you can't just replace the converter you have to replace the entire electrical breaker box that the converter is attached to. I found a place online that sold the whole system for $140 and installed it myself. The white globs you see are the manufacturer not wanting you to take apart the converter from the box. If this link is not the same converter I am sure you can google your exact one and find it for fairly cheap. The installation took me an hour and was pretty easy, just take your time and label the wires. Hope this helps.

Electrical Converters for RV and More Class A Customs
Respectfully that's not true, you can just replace the converter.
I've replaced many converters and not the complete housing.
Whom ever told you that you can't replace just the converter is a scammer.

Turbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130709_135227.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	34908  
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #46
Junior Member
 
scottm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Respectfully that's not true, you can just replace the converter.
I've replaced many converters and not the complete housing.
Whom ever told you that you can't replace just the converter is a scammer.

Turbs
So Camping World, K&C RV, and RV American are all scammers? Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind next time I need to buy anything for my camper. You may want to call and tell them what you think of them. I was told by them as well as others that the converter in the Elixer 45 model could not be replaced by itself. Regardless I found the exact panel and converter the camper was manufactured with for far less than anyone quoted me. And with the warranty because I didn't break the glue on the screws to get it out.
__________________
scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm View Post

So Camping World, K&C RV, and RV American are all scammers? Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind next time I need to buy anything for my camper. You may want to call and tell them what you think of them. I was told by them as well as others that the converter in the Elixer 45 model could not be replaced by itself. Regardless I found the exact panel and converter the camper was manufactured with for far less than anyone quoted me. And with the warranty because I didn't break the glue on the screws to get it out.
Well were talking about wfco converters in this thread not elixer converters. Respectfully your input really doesn't mean much.
Regardless I'd never put either in my camper.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.