Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #11

Not sure which resets to check. I bought this from my mother and everything worked great until we took it to the location it is now, the guy connecting the electric pulled two legs instead of just one and then all these problems came up. I know I have GFI resets in some of the outlets but all of the outlets are working. The water heater would just throw the breaker after about 20-20 seconds. Electrician kept resetting it and after about 5 or 6 resets (of the breaker) it stopped throwing the breaker but was not heating water. So, the real problem is why it was throwing the breaker and the A/C not coming on now.

So, I am pretty dumb to this camper (2003 Pilgrim) but a relatively smart person. I just do not know what all I could have wrong and what all needs to be replaced. All fuses in the WFCO are good. I am just extremely confused. As far as I know, replace the WFCO main converter/breaker system, and replace the A/C board. I would assume that would fix it. The electrical outside is good and approved by real electricians. They are the ones who told me to get the new A/C board.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #12

Water heater probably was. I cannot remember if the A/C was. I don't think it was but I all the breakers were on. It immediately threw some of them. Would it have ruined the breakers?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #13

Yes, WMTIRE, the thermostat controls both. I also replaced that component on the wall (thermostat)
Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hope your "electrician" friend is covering the costs?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #15

At this point, I will accept that the element is bad on the water heater. I will replace that as well in the morning. But what about the A/C?

The water heater is new(ish) and is electric only.

I put the new board in up top at the advice of the electrician for the A/C
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #16

That one guy covered some of the costs but not for me paying the real electricians to come out here.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabeyta View Post
Not sure which resets to check. I bought this from my mother and everything worked great until we took it to the location it is now, the guy connecting the electric pulled two legs instead of just one and then all these problems came up. I know I have GFI resets in some of the outlets but all of the outlets are working. The water heater would just throw the breaker after about 20-20 seconds. Electrician kept resetting it and after about 5 or 6 resets (of the breaker) it stopped throwing the breaker but was not heating water. So, the real problem is why it was throwing the breaker and the A/C not coming on now.

So, I am pretty dumb to this camper (2003 Pilgrim) but a relatively smart person. I just do not know what all I could have wrong and what all needs to be replaced. All fuses in the WFCO are good. I am just extremely confused. As far as I know, replace the WFCO main converter/breaker system, and replace the A/C board. I would assume that would fix it. The electrical outside is good and approved by real electricians. They are the ones who told me to get the new A/C board.
If your heating element is burned up, then it can keep tripping the breaker to the water heater. Turn the electric heating element switch off...... and if you have a Suburban water heater, this switch may be hidden.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

You can run the water heater off of propane......as long as you have DC power.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabeyta View Post

The water heater is new(ish) and is electric only.
OK, Just read that post. What brand/model water heater do you have?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #19

Unfortunately I do not know at this point. I am at my office and when I get home this evening I will check. I am the proud owner of a new divorce so this Pilgrim is my home until I know how much life she is going to suck out of me. I have a good job and the money to replace these things. I just do not want to needlessly replace something. I can accept the element being bad and can replace that in the morning. The A/C issue is what I cannot figure out.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Btw a/c needs 12v and 110volt to run.
As Turbs pointed out, you will need both for the AC to function. The thermostat is most likely DC powered.

Have you actually replaced the converter yet? Do you have any battery/DC power, if not hooked to shore power?

Tags
accident, converter