Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Crusader 295RST Factory Battery Cutoff Switch

This is basically for the RVGUY......On my PT Crusader that was built in April of 2013, when I turn off the battery cutoff switch, I've notice that the electric levelers are still powered up. So without going to a lot of circuit tracing trouble, can you tell me what other electric systems are still powered when the battery cutoff switch is the "OFF" position? I would like to believe that when switched to "OFF" a factory battery cutoff switch would kill the power to everything. Does killing the power to the electronic leveling system make it loose it's programed "level"?
Thanks for any help!
Puma243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2

IMO, they do that because those levelers draw a lot of power and it's not reasonable to make long runs of the heavy gauge wire that would have to go from the battery back to that cutoff switch and then back forward to the levelers system.

The "requirement" for a cut-off switch is that it disconnect anything that would be a parasitic drain on the battery. I'm quite sure that yours performs that function well.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma243 View Post
This is basically for the RVGUY......On my PT Crusader that was built in April of 2013, when I turn off the battery cutoff switch, I've notice that the electric levelers are still powered up. So without going to a lot of circuit tracing trouble, can you tell me what other electric systems are still powered when the battery cutoff switch is the "OFF" position? I would like to believe that when switched to "OFF" a factory battery cutoff switch would kill the power to everything. Does killing the power to the electronic leveling system make it loose it's programed "level"?
Thanks for any help!
Quite often slides are "separate" powered.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
gonecampin

Quote:
Thanks for any help!
Not to sound real stupid or anything like that, but where is a cutoff on a 295RST? We have one but I've never found a cutoff switch. BTW it too is a 2013

Kalispell, MT
gonecampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #5

In the bay with all the water and tv/sat, look to the top right and you'll see a chrome push/pull switch. "In" = Batt Disconnect.
Puma243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
The "requirement" for a cut-off switch is that it disconnect anything that would be a parasitic drain on the battery. I'm quite sure that yours performs that function well.
Not a PTM and not RV Guy, but bclemens has said that the Sunseekers are similar. The awning still technically has power, but doesn't draw anything unless you're actually extending/retracting it, so it bypasses the battery disconnect.

It doesn't answer the actual question of what all still has power that the OP asked, though.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
gonecampin

Quote:
In the bay with all the water and tv/sat, look to the top right and you'll see a chrome push/pull switch. "In" = Batt Disconnect.
Thanks, I've never seen any switch there but will check it out when I get it back from the dealer.

Kalispell, MT
gonecampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #8

To the op the 2 big slides have power but not the small bed slide.

Tags
295, battery, crusader, factory