Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Not sure what the problem is. Installing a new converter next to batteries is fairly easy except for running Romex if you are going to use the same 30 or 50 amp trailer connection point.

Converter output should be wired directly to battery at first to make sure i tis working and the circuit it is connected doesn't have a blown fuse.

Good luck with your issue and hope you sort it out. Be ware of some of the responses here. The person who told you that every DC line has to be re-routed to the front is trying to help but is ill-informed.

I find it very interesting about how electrical threads receive so much feedback from posters and it is easy to assume they know what they are talking about but when you search the poster's threads, you see that they take their RV's to the dealership for everything to include having the toilet paper changed and tire pressure checked instead of doing it themselves.
Finally found my problem...

Looks like one of the isolator/fuse blocks somehow got tripped during my conversion. Somebody else's post I was browsing made me look closer at mine. I thought that they were just "mounting /connection points" but they were actually fuses. Jumpered across one and everything worked! Now just to buy another and eleven the old one.
TM99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical