Originally Posted by camaraderie
They may not be toast but you've definitely had a hurt put on them... A load test should show you if you can still use them... but I'd try to get something for the damage they've done to their LIFE CYCLES by letting them fully discharge. I'd want to be present to SEE the load test as well.
Alternatively...you could have them deliver them to you "fully charged" but not hooked up. Wait 24 hours and THEN take a voltage or turkey baster reading and see what % charge remains. It should be 12.6V and anything less is loss of capacity.
Sounds like i better put up a good fight if they say it is not a problem and refuse to replace them.
Originally Posted by VinceU
Guessing with a "trickle" discharge caused by parasitc loads, the damage done is minimal, important to grt the batts recharged ASAP. Afer charge have a cable lifted to stop the discharge until back in your custody.
I dont think so. I have left it off shore power for a few weeks at a time, with the battery by-pass left on, and still had a little voltage reading on the control panel. And when i say dead i mean dead. I have been doing a little reading and it definitely is not good for batteries. Maybe i can swing a deal and get two 6 volts for the higher milli amps.
Oh it is a 2014 Class C Sunseeker 32foot 3010DS motorhome.