Old 03-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #21
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post

Cool, mine is a 50A rv, what got me wondering is if I had to adapt to 30A service, would the 50A protector flip out over the "missing" leg or would it be ok since it's running through an adapter.
It'll work & be fine

Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

Ps. Im getting the hardwired 50amp Progressive, here in the next month

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Sweet! Let me know where you place it. I'm considering that route, maybe behind one of the panels in the basement. I pulled one panel just to see how things were laid out, there's so much wasted space it's almost appalling!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #23

I ordered the PI 50 amp hard wired electrical management system today from this place http://www.makariosrv.com/surge-prot...er-protection/

Over $50 less expensive than Camping World and only $16 shipping to Las Vegas where I will have a colleague take delivery while attending a conference.

They do other brands of electrical system protection but from what I hear, PI is amongst the best and carries a lifetime warranty.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
.....there's so much wasted space it's almost appalling!

To hijack my own thread, that's one thing I was a little disappointed with in my TT. I remember the trailers Dad had when I was grown up and every conceivable nook and cranny was accessible to use a storage. With mine, it seems if there was a wire, hose or whatnot run through a cabinet then the entire thing would get closed off and I lost all that potential storage.

Back on topic:

I found the information I was looking for over at http://www.rvupgradestore.com/Articles.asp?ID=279. So it looks like it'll be the higher end one (despite that eating into about 5-10 nights of camping fees. ). Looking around, I can only seem to find US distributers who ship to Canada (which is going to nail me with taxes, duty, etc. jacking the price up at least 1/2 again). I found an option to get it from Sears.com and do an in store pickup but they're asking for $370.00. CW has it for $289.99. Big difference. Does anybody know if CW has a 'pickup in store' option for their internet only items?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
To hijack my own thread, that's one thing I was a little disappointed with in my TT. I remember the trailers Dad had when I was grown up and every conceivable nook and cranny was accessible to use a storage. With mine, it seems if there was a wire, hose or whatnot run through a cabinet then the entire thing would get closed off and I lost all that potential storage.
To further hijack, it was a real surprise honestly. I saw where an easy six inches could be gained on just one wall. My TT was like you remember, every square inch was available to stuff something. I have much more room than before, but it could be better.

Anyhow, on topic, what are the odds you know someone that could carry it across the border for you? Of if you could wait and pick it up during a trip across the border? Or does it not work that way?

Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Anyhow, on topic, what are the odds you know someone that could carry it across the border for you? Of if you could wait and pick it up during a trip across the border? Or does it not work that way?

Well, that's what I'm looking to do. My first camping trip of the year (unless I can convince DW to do one earlier) is going to put me right by the Belleville CW. If I can get it that weekend then I'll have my 48 hours out of country to get my duty free exemption. I'd love to just pick one up in the store, but their website lists it as internet only.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #27

Well a question is just a phone call away!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #28

I ordered this; Progressive Industries SSP50 Smart Surge from Amazon for just over $100. My main concern is the wiring at the different parks I stop at. My rear AC has a shorted out compressor.....I doubt that was by my limited use of the thing......
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Yes.
We used the lower priced 30 amp on our previous 5er, but I always tested the plugs before I plugged the trailer in, either with a dvom or with adapters and a tester I carry.

I'm guessing you have your own meter or share with one other site- at least the seasonal sites we've been looking at were one or the other.
I would think that this level would be adequate, but you never know. But even so the better one is cheaper than an insurance deductible most of the time!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

Hi Miller, thanks for the answer. Yes we have our own metre. It is a 'residential' area, each with their own power source including ours to the 1/2 acre lot.
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #30

There are places just across the US border that you can have your items shipped to for a very low fee. They will then hold it til you can make a trip down to get it or they will ship it up to you ( usually for a lot less than the original store wanted) just go on their website (www.kinek.com ) to find the nearest shipping point. I ordered tires and rims from Tirerack and they wanted close to $400 to have them shipped up to Canada or $140 to ship them to a Kinek dealer in Great Falls Mt. The Kinek dealer than only charged me $15 to hold them till we got down there to pick them up. We stayed in Great Falls for two days doing our Christmas shopping thereby getting our $800 duty free exemption for each of us at the border.
We are scheduled to pick up our 365 in a couple of weeks so I'll prob order a surge protector and pick it up at the Kinek dealer in Great Falls on our way to Indiana.

Days camped in 2014: 7
hihocarp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power