Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #1

Does anyone know where to get wiring diagrams?

It is not a FR product but if anyone can help thank you.

1999 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga 37' on a magnum air chassis

7.2L CAT 6-SPEED ALLISON TRANS
JPin AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #2

I doubt very much if anyone has them. You may be able to get a wire toner and trace them that way.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #3

Does any manufacturer provide wiring diagrams? I am completely new to RV'ing, just got a Georgetown motorhome a few weeks ago. I have electrical background in my education etc, so I understand the concept of inverters and transfer switches etc, but for a newbie to RV's it is a bit of a mystery to figure some of these things out. If i had a diagram, even a less than complete one, it would be so much easier than guess work and trial and error.

google does not reveal much more than some generic "here is how it works in RV" - but is very generic.

looking at the amount of direct-connect-on-wire-fuse items that have no labels, there appears to be no easy guesses to things.
stokkeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #4

I would not trust them, assuming existence. Manual tracing is the way to go. For instance, my rear lights are not wired using stmfard colors, someone swapped colors along the way.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokkeland View Post
Does any manufacturer provide wiring diagrams? I am completely new to RV'ing, just got a Georgetown motorhome a few weeks ago. I have electrical background in my education etc, so I understand the concept of inverters and transfer switches etc, but for a newbie to RV's it is a bit of a mystery to figure some of these things out. If i had a diagram, even a less than complete one, it would be so much easier than guess work and trial and error.

google does not reveal much more than some generic "here is how it works in RV" - but is very generic.

looking at the amount of direct-connect-on-wire-fuse items that have no labels, there appears to be no easy guesses to things.

They way things look I don't even think the manufacturer has diagrams and drawings to work from! Seems it goes in whatever way they are working it that week, and sometimes not tied in or connected. And to help it get worse, the half ass work some of them do continues because they sell everything they can manufacture. As long as sales stay up, what do they care.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #6

The best wiring or plumbing diagram you will ever get is from the knowledge on this forum. If you provide year, model, types and pictures you will get what you seek.

Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
CC4

I had to rewire the external speakers and the entry door switches on my Tracer Air shortly after I purchased it. Drove me nuts when the outside speakers were 'out of phase' (I'm an audio recording engineer by trade) and the outside and inside light switches at the door were reversed to what they should have been. Also made sure I had replacement fuses of each value my TT uses, just in case. Not a problem but I also converted all of the lights to LED to boost non-hookup camping from 3 to 5 days over manufacturer supplied light bulbs (gave the old bulbs to a friend that always has electrical hook-up at his camp site).
CC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #8

Smile Wiring Diagrams

I have 3 degrees in Electrical Engineering, and in my opinion the wiring in my 43' Sierra 5th wheel is a nightmare. I'd swear on a stack of bibles, that during manufacture, when the wiring is being put in, that Bubba turns to his buddy and says "Hey, hand me that scrap piece of wire on the shop floor, I ran out of the color that I as running. Doesn't matter if the gauge of the wire is different. Wiring is wiring - right?".

In the front storage compartment where much of the 12 volt wiring originates, it was a rat's nest of mismatched wires, just hanging loose throughout the compartment. I ordered several terminal strips from Amazon, mounted them on a finished piece of plywood, which in turn I mounted on the back of the compartment, and re-wired (and labelled) everything to these terminal strips. It took me a couple of months, however I think I traced about 80% of the wiring. Now, when something stops working, I have a better than even chance of locating where the razzle, frazzle problem is. No guarantees tho'.

After 5 years of full-time travelling, I still occasionally find fuses in really weird places. Helps to keep my 4-letter vocabulary current
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #9

You can't even depend on their supposed standard color codes being correct. Go ahead and bite into that wire that is standard color for ground! It scares me the way they do. And every speaker in the rig was wired out of phase... (I knew what in phase and out of phase on a speaker hookup was when I was 12), and speakers in a Zone... you'd better check that also. I have also found hidden inline fuses that you will never find or know they are there unless you happen to be behind something doing another job and stumble upon it! Grrrrrr

Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
Old 06-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
You can't even depend on their supposed standard color codes being correct. Go ahead and bite into that wire that is standard color for ground! It scares me the way they do. And every speaker in the rig was wired out of phase... (I knew what in phase and out of phase on a speaker hookup was when I was 12), and speakers in a Zone... you'd better check that also. I have also found hidden inline fuses that you will never find or know they are there unless you happen to be behind something doing another job and stumble upon it! Grrrrrr
Assembling a standard wiring harness or loom and handing it to the assemblers to plug in and attach to the RV is way to much work and would generate a consistent color coded harness, why make life easy.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #11

Maybe because I have a 2016 coachman 20cb but I have gotten full electrical schematics as well as some tech help from Forest River staff.
I will guard them with my life.
BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #12

I too asked for and received schematics from Coachmen, in fact a full set of build drawings, including wiring. Just ask your manufacturer, they may have them available.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #13

Thumbs up

Thank you everyone - it is a 2019 Georgetown xl 378TS.

After a while i figure out better ways to search these forums and found quite a few helpful hints and some drawings of various systems - quite some variations between models and years it seems.

i spent a couple hours rummaging around, and found most things - found my inverter in a really cramped space above the fixed propane tank. The guy at the dealership told me the inverter was in the back, but i knew that was wrong as it was to small, that was just the converter/charger.

It does appear that plugging it in charges the coach battery, i am still trying to figure out what exactly is separated and how.

I was also hoping to have ability to add another inverter on my own for the rest of the outlets, i saw someone mention their unit had some preparations/easiness for it, but the space behind the fuse box in the bedroom is really hard to get to, and I found no other location to easily get to it - the outside area i need into has the water heater in front of it.. yeah they dont make it for serviceability thats for sure.

I did see the comment about someone having contacted coachman and gotten diagrams, so I tried that with forest river, it was basically a blank no-we-dont-do-that as it changes very frequently.

I am on a budget of course, but i do wonder, if one buys the tiffin that costs 3 times more than my georgetown, are these things any better or no?

I am set for now, I dont have anything specific to troubleshoot or trace yet, i will do trial and error learning the specifics over time.
stokkeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #14

Once your Georgetown ages a bit you’ll have leveling issues with LCI, and slide issues. The black box above your battery box is where the fuses are. The schematic has been posted a few times. You’ll want to become familiar with the LCI re calibrate instructions..
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, wiring