Old 01-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #21

I think something should be cleared up here , its not the adapter creating heat, its a poor ( loose) connection of the prongs inserted in the receptacle. This is causing high resistance which creates heat, so it doesn't matter if you use a dog bone or a adapter if you have a poor connection you are going to get heat. Just my two cents and 30 years of working for a power company

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
I think something should be cleared up here , its not the adapter creating heat, its a poor ( loose) connection of the prongs inserted in the receptacle. This is causing high resistance which creates heat, so it doesn't matter if you use a dog bone or a adapter if you have a poor connection you are going to get heat. Just my two cents and 30 years of working for a power company
Agreed, however there could just as easily be a loose connection between the RV cord (or EMS device) and the 30-50 adaptor, could there not? Or a modest heat source there even with a reasonably good connection? So the suggestion was made that having two heat source connections in close proximity to each other may be sub-optimal. Valid point or not?

Old 01-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Thanks for all the comments. I'm going with the dog bone for the heat/safety issue and because when I plug my surge protector/EMS into a 15 amp adaptor and let it hang down, the weight of the EMS pulls the adaptor out of the socket. I need a very solid connection in each spot.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Probably a good choice,,, you can still check Walmart.com !!!
I have found the less adaptors we have to use the better !!!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Agreed, however there could just as easily be a loose connection between the RV cord (or EMS device) and the 30-50 adaptor, could there not? Or a modest heat source there even with a reasonably good connection? So the suggestion was made that having two heat source connections in close proximity to each other may be sub-optimal. Valid point or not?
Yes, there could be a poor connection at both points, but the chances of having that bad of a connection to cause enough heat to melt or at least damage a adapter are VERY slim. Now I can see a poor connection at the pedestal, due to the high use and burned contacts, causing damage to the plug but you will get that on a adapter or a bog bone. It just seemed that everyone was blaming a adapter as the problem. But as they say " to each his own"

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote