Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #61
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,828
It is a bit off topic I suppose... But, sometimes I do wish they did a better job of having the trailers made to actually camp like they do in their adds... Along the ocean, in a favorite state park.. They leave out the whole you will not be able to use a lot of what you see us doing in this trailer right now! LOL

Now I know that is not entirely true but you get what I mean? We had to search at the shows to find a layout that allowed us full access to the kitchen, master bed, bathroom, dinette and bunks with the slide in. We actually stop and rest areas and cannot put it all out. It was hard to find all that. And would it kill them to put decent battery power and an INverter in there? For the money it cannot be that much considering the markup they put on all our trailers!
__________________

__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
wifeytojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 102
I didn't get it and instead brought our own loud one that is 2300 watts. We just turned it on and it actually isn't too bad as far as noise goes. The problem I see now is none of the outlets are working to plug in our phones except for the outlet where the TV goes. That's the only one getting power. My husband tested all the outlets and no power except for one
__________________

__________________
wifeytojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #63
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeytojosh View Post
I didn't get it and instead brought our own loud one that is 2300 watts. We just turned it on and it actually isn't too bad as far as noise goes. The problem I see now is none of the outlets are working to plug in our phones except for the outlet where the TV goes. That's the only one getting power. My husband tested all the outlets and no power except for one
Probably tripped the GFI outlet.
Usually it's the one in the bathroom.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
wifeytojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 102
I pushed it and it didn't do anything. This trailer sometimes makes me feel like I am going crazy! Lol....
__________________
wifeytojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
wifeytojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 102
Scratch that. I just pushed it in with a screwdriver instead of my finger and now they all work 😄
__________________
wifeytojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
wifeytojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
It is a bit off topic I suppose... But, sometimes I do wish they did a better job of having the trailers made to actually camp like they do in their adds... Along the ocean, in a favorite state park.. They leave out the whole you will not be able to use a lot of what you see us doing in this trailer right now! LOL

Now I know that is not entirely true but you get what I mean? We had to search at the shows to find a layout that allowed us full access to the kitchen, master bed, bathroom, dinette and bunks with the slide in. We actually stop and rest areas and cannot put it all out. It was hard to find all that. And would it kill them to put decent battery power and an INverter in there? For the money it cannot be that much considering the markup they put on all our trailers!

Right?! It's a joke sometimes trying to be at peace on vacation when I am wondering why my outlets aren't working. Ugh.....I wish these had generators built into them so when you unplug from shore power, the generator kicks in so you go on enjoying a vacation without any worry. We have never dry camped before so we didn't even use any lights last night. I had lanterns in the trailer and around the camp site to keep it lit. Good thing was this morning it was still 2/3 full.
__________________
wifeytojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #67
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,828
Glad it is working out now. What is fun without a bit of drama! RIGHT! LOL

When we dry camp we use lanterns, disposable plates and such to save water and such. I know it is not green but I prefer the quiet and peace vs the generator running.
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #68
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeytojosh View Post
Right?! It's a joke sometimes trying to be at peace on vacation when I am wondering why my outlets aren't working. Ugh.....I wish these had generators built into them so when you unplug from shore power, the generator kicks in so you go on enjoying a vacation without any worry. We have never dry camped before so we didn't even use any lights last night. I had lanterns in the trailer and around the camp site to keep it lit. Good thing was this morning it was still 2/3 full.
That's why it's always recommended that you use Camp Driveway to test and familiarize yourself with your RV.
Too many new owners take off to the campground before doing this and end up frustrated.
It would have been a good idea to test out dry camping while at home, before heading to the campground.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Tom48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,007
The power issue is why we have a Toy Hauler. We like the space, the generator and the last few years The Solar and inverter. BUT Hang in there a year or so and you will have things the way you like them.
__________________
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
The power issue is why we have a Toy Hauler. We like the space, the generator and the last few years The Solar and inverter. BUT Hang in there a year or so and you will have things the way you like them.
But then it will be time to get another one. Notice I said another, not new. That will be 3 or 4 down the road.

Glad you got your power back! Now put the hair dryer away. When you can find a small low wattage one just for the trailer. It is the main cause for tripping the bathroom GFI.

Jim
__________________

__________________
07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping, dry camping, first time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.